|This article is about Estelle and Kanye West's song. You may be looking for Bonnie McKee's song of a similar name.|
Appearance of the Dancers
The dancers are a man and a woman, both dressed in 1930s fashion.
Just Dance 2
P1 has purple and pink hat that appears to be a fedora, beige vest, white shirt and pink tie underneath, beige jeans with a pink belt and a small chain, and white and pink shoes.
P2 has purple hair, and wears a purple and pink ruffled dress, and pink heeled shoes.
In the remake, he wears a navy blue and yellow-orange fedora. He has a yellow tie and brown suit with navy blue accents. He resembles Kanye West.
In her remake, her dress and hair are cyan with yellow accents. She resembles Estelle.
A downtown highway with moving silhouetted buildings with an overlay of an equalizer visualization. Silhouettes of signs also appear. The sky has an orange glow, as if it were sunrise/sunset. Different colored wavy lines appear in front of the coaches.
In the remake, light poles and traffic signs are added to the background. The lights in the buildings are now turquoise and yellow.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Curve your back slightly while pushing your arms behind your back.
Gold Moves 2 and 3: Punch the ground twice with your right hand while crouching down and putting your left hand on your left leg.
American Boy appears in the following Mashups:
- What Is Love (Icebreakers) (Remake)
- "F**k" is censored.
- "Jeans", "hell" and the whole line "But I'mma like what's underneath them" are censored in Extra Songs; however, the latter is not censored in Just Dance 2 nor in Summer Party and in the remake.
- This is the first time in Just Dance that a full line is censored, followed by Party Rock Anthem, The Way, Bang Bang, Make It Jingle and Despacito.
- During the production of the DLC, both of the pictograms were purple and the meters were different.
- P1's shirt is hard to see due to it being white and belnding with his skin.
- The lyric "Rappin'"/"I know what you're drnkin'" is wrong, as it should be "Ribena I know what you're drinkin'". The word was likely replaced to avoid copyright infringement.
- The line "I'll show you to my brethren" is misinterpreted as "I'll show you to my bedroom".
- There is a glitch in the shop on Just Dance 2 involving this song. When choosing to download Firework, the short preview shows the routine for this song and not the correct one. This can happen in both of the NTSC and PAL shop.
- In a beta picture, the pictograms are from Chicken Payback.
- On the menu icon, P2 is on the left and P1 is on the right, despite this not being the case in the routine.
- In the trailer for Just Dance: Summer Party/Extra Songs, the dancer for Pump Up The Volume is shown dancing in front of the background for this routine.