|This article is about the song by Estelle and Kanye West. You may be looking for the song by Bonnie McKee.|
"American Boy" by Estelle ft. Kanye West is featured on Just Dance 2 as a downloadable track. It also appears on Just Dance: Summer Party. The song can be also found in the Just Dance Unlimited files.
Appearance of the Dancers
P1 has purple and pink hat that appears to be a fedora, beige vest, white shirt and pink tie underneath, beige jeans with a pink belt and a small chain, and white and pink shoes.
P2 has purple hair, and wears a purple and pink ruffled dress, and pink heeled shoes.
In the remake, he wears a navy blue and yellow-orange fedora. He has a yellow tie and brown suit with navy blue accents.
In the remake, her dress and hair are cyan with yellow accents.
Just Dance 2
The background is a downtown highway with moving silhouetted buildings with an overlay of an equalizer visualization. Silhouettes of signs also appear. The sky has an orange glow, as if it were sunrise/sunset. Different colored wavy lines appear in front of the coaches.
Just Dance: Summer Party
In Just Dance: Summer Party, the equalizer is removed from the buildings.
In the remake, light poles and traffic signs are added to the background. The lights in the buildings are now turquoise and yellow.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Curve your back slightly while pushing your arms behind your back.
Gold Moves 2 and 3: Punch the ground twice with your right hand while crouching down and putting your left hand on your left leg.
American Boy appears in the following Mashups:
- What Is Love (Icebreakers) (Remake)
- "F**k" is censored.
- "Jeans", "hell", and the whole line "But I’mma like what's underneath them" are censored in Just Dance: Extra Songs. However, none of these words were censored in Just Dance 2, Just Dance: Summer Party, or in the remake.
- This is the first time in the series which a full line is censored.
- The lyrics do not display an ellipsis (...) for censored lyrics. When "hell" is censored, it is replaced with a gap.
- During the production of the downloadable track, both of the pictograms were purple and the meters were different.
- The lyric "Rappin’"/"I know what you’re drinkin'" is wrong, as it should be "Ribena I know what you're drinkin’".
- The line "I’ll show you to my brethren" is misinterpreted as "I'll show you to my bedroom".
- There is a glitch in the shop on Just Dance 2 involving this song: when choosing to download Firework, the short preview shows the routine for this song and not the correct one. This can happen in both of the NTSC and PAL shop.
- In a picture of a beta-development routine, the pictograms from Chicken Payback are used.
- In the trailer for Just Dance: Summer Party/Extra Songs, the dancer for Pump Up The Volume is shown dancing in front of the background for this routine.
- When the coaches do Gold Moves 2 and 3, P1’s hat and P2’s hair gets lighter. This is probably because of the gradient of the dancer’s clothes.