Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman with dark pink hair in a ponytail side. She wears a 50s styled red one-piece swimsuit with orange straps and a pink strawberry on the left hip, an orange cincher around the waist, and a pair of orange pumps.
In the remake, the coach retains her features. However, she has a more realistic appearance and her pumps are now a lighter pink. The dancer's heels are now pink.
The background seems to be a collection of 50's-style advertisements related to Californian culture; some of them are posters of the dancer. One of the posters are blank and has the reflection of the dancer. During Snoop Dogg's part, a green raccoon on a poster starts dancing. He has a brown belly, wears white gloves, a neon green necklace, and a yellow and brown cap.
There are 3 Gold Moves in the routine, all of which are the same:
All Gold Moves: Put your right hand on your left shoulder.
California Gurls appears in the following Mashups:
- Ain't No Other Man
- Birthday (Best of Katy)
- Blurred Lines
- Call Me Maybe
- (I've Had) The Time Of My Life
- Just Dance
- Love You Like A Love Song
- Maps (Best of JD 3)
- Moves Like Jagger
- Summer (Girl Power)
- Where Have You Been
- Pound The Alarm
- So What
California Gurls appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to her dance moves:
- Crazy Pin-Up
- Dog Walk
- Lady's Disdain
- Pin-Up Kick
- Pin-Up Push
- Pin-Up Walk
- Running Pin-Up
- Windscreen Wiper
California Gurls appears in the following Dance Quest maps:
- This is one of the three songs by Katy Perry on Just Dance 3. Also on this game are E.T. and Teenage Dream; however, they are only available on the Best Buy edition.
- This is the third of the twelve songs by Katy Perry on Just Dance.
- This is also the second Katy Perry song that has censored words.
- "Sex", "we freak, freak", "buns", "ass" and "weenies" are censored.
- The coach makes a cameo in Just Dance’s background.
- An avatar for the dancer is available on Just Dance 2014. If the player is playing as Happy on the Wii, Wii U, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 (PS Move version), it will be the default avatar.
- The raccoon in the background is the same raccoon from Pop Star, which is on Just Dance Wii 2 along with this song. However, in this appearance, it has a different color palette.
- In the Beta version, the background of Take Me Out can be seen in the background.
- On Just Dance Now, when the dancer does this move, her shoes will glitch to their original color when they are near the orange straps on the coach's costume. This was fixed on Just Dance Unlimited.
- The raccoon that appears in the background has an avatar on Just Dance 2016 that can be unlocked when all achievements and rewards have been claimed on UPlay (eighth generation consoles only).
- In the background, a more realistic version of the coach is seen, except with a few differences: her ponytail is on the wrong side, as well as the strawberry on her shorts, meaning that the picture is not flipped, unlike the coach.
- California Gurls and Dynamite are both in the demo version of Just Dance 3.
Official Music Video