Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a male with dark hair and a beard, who changes into three different outfits in the routine.
The first outfit is a brownish maroon vest top with holes in it. There are also black ripped jeans, black boots, and two gold chains around the dancer's neck.
The second outfit is a pirate kind of outfit with a large red captain's jacket with straps. The dancer is with an orange/yellow shirt under it. The jeans and boots are the same. The dancer also has a pirate hat and gold bangles on the same wrist as the glove.
The final outfit is the first outfit with a large fur coat and a coonskin cap. The outfit has a strong resemblance to Macklemore's outfit from the Thrift Shop music video.
The backgrounds are very colorful and bright. It starts off with a turquoise backdrop with added items as the dance proceeds. These items include clouds, mountains, cacti, a flamingo wearing a cowboy hat, a red car, and a fruit smoothie with a fish in it. They move along to the beat of the song. Once changed to the pirate outfit. It is a red sunset backdrop with clouds. The final scene shows The Heist flag from the music video with trombones that go along with the song.
There are 5 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Move 1: Swing your arm.
Gold Moves 2, 3, and 5: Cross your arms. The fifth Gold Move is the final move of the routine.
Gold Move 4: Stick your right hand up in the air and shake your hand while you hold out your left arm.
Can't Hold Us is featured in Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to his dance moves:
- I'm Out
- It's Me
- Pirate's Bow
- Push The Boundaries
- The flag in the backround that says “The Heist” is a reference to the album of the same name.
- Can’t Hold Us is the first track in the series to feature Ray Dalton. It is followed by Don’t Worry.
- "Pimp", "S**t" and "Damn" are censored.
- Can’t Hold Us, Wake Me Up, and the Extreme routine for Pound The Alarm were the first DLCs released for Just Dance 2014.
- Can’t Hold Us was available for free for the Uplay members who did a poll, where they were asked to choose between this song and Wake Me Up. Wii users received a 300 Wii Points Card and were able to choose between both songs.