Appearance of the Dancers
The routine is a duet between a woman and a man.
P1 has short, purple hair in a bob, and wears a yellow dress that is opened in the middle, maroon high waist shorts, black leather belts with gold rivets, and black stiletto sandals with calf-high leg straps.
P2 has short, black hair and a beard, and wears a black blazer, a yellow shirt, maroon pants with holes in the knees, and black and gold shoes. He resembles Maluma.
At one verse, and by the end of the song, both dancers darken drastically, and the woman's hair and skirt are pink and red respectively.
The background is dark red with orange squares and a circular illusion that darkens the dancers that walk into it. The scenery softly flashes red. During the chorus, in some of the larger squares, side views of the dancers' heads can be briefly seen lip-syncing "Puro, puro chantaje" while facing each other. When the dancers are at their darkest, the scenery is bright orange.
There are 3 Gold Moves in the Classic routine:
Gold Move 1: Scoop your right arm out while moving your legs side to side.
Gold Move 2: Same as Gold Move 1 but slower and with no leg movement.
Gold Move 3:
- P1: Point your right arm to P2.
- P2: Float out your arms.
There are 3 Gold Moves in the alternate routine:
Gold Move 1: Throw your arms out as if to shrug when "¿Qué?" is said. P1 and P2 do this while facing P3, and P3 does this while facing P2.
Gold Move 2: With your right leg slightly out, cross your wrists in front of you while angled towards the left.
Gold Move 3: While turned left, punch your right arm straight up.
- Chantaje is the fifth song by Shakira in the series, after Beautiful Liar, Rabiosa, Hips Don’t Lie, and La Bicicleta. It is followed by Waka Waka (This Time for Africa).
- On the cover from Ubisoft’s website, P2’s glove is pink instead of purple.
- The US preview is the third one in the series to show the end of the song. It is preceded by that of Je sais pas danser and followed by that of The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody).
- The word "loba" is censored.
- In the US preview description, Shakira’s name is misspelled as "Shakire".
- In the Alternate routine, some parts of the background from Summer Sweetie can be seen through the subway windows.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|