Appearance of the Dancer
Just Dance 2
The dancer is a girl with tied up purple hair with pink streaks. She wears a a sleeveless tunic with a colourful robotic face on it, orange leggings, black fluffy boots, and a pair of two fingerless gloves, one orange, and one pink. At the beginning of the routine, she appears with a chalk effect.
In the remake, the coach is much more realistic and has a darker color scheme. The chalk effect is removed when she appears, and the pixels that make up her body shake instead.
The background resembles drawings on construction paper. It contains a skeleton, a mixtape, a mint, a bust-like drawing of Crazy in Love with blue skin, a sketch of TiK ToK with a blue skull, a dog, a yellow cassette player, a few waves (recycled from Sway (Quien Sera)), two pairs of cherries, and the words, "Just", "Dance", and "GOOD".
In the remake, the background is more animated.
There are 4 Gold Moves in the routine, all of which are the same:
All Gold Moves: Put your hands together pointing up while your legs are together.
D.A.N.C.E. appears in the following Mashups:
- Da Funk
- I Don’t Feel Like Dancin’
- She’s Got Me Dancing]
- Call Me Maybe
- Mas Que Nada
- Blame It on the Boogie
- Flashdance ... What a Feeling
- I Will Survive
- Miss Understood
- Prince Ali
- Rich Girl
- She Wolf (Falling to Pieces)
D.A.N.C.E. appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to her dance moves:
- Elbow Stomp
- Happy Dance
- Hopscotch Jump
- Hopscotch Kata
- Kick Ball Change
- Skipping Rope
- Strong Step
- Super Power
- Teenage Hops
- All of the moves besides the jump rope move at the beginning have been included in the song's Mashup appearances.
- Crazy in Love’s beta version appears as a drawing in the routine’s background.
- TiK ToK makes an appearance in the background, wearing a skull.
- The dancer has a similar hairstyle to What You Waiting For?.
- In Just Dance 2014’s Mashups and Party Master Modes, the Gold Move is removed.
- The remake was first seen in a video uploaded after Just Dance 2014’s launch.
- In D.A.N.C.E.’s Just Dance Now files, there is a different pictogram for the Gold Move, which tells players to open their arms and then put them up, instead of just putting them up.
- Always in the Just Dance Now archives, there are unused menu assets for the remake, in which the coach has a slightly darker color scheme and a more visible face.
- The last line of lyrics ("move is a mystery...") fades off abruptly right before it is sung.
- This does not happen in the remake.
- In the remake, the dog head in the background is not animated.
- The background for D.A.N.C.E. appears in Rock Lobster.
- D.A.N.C.E. references a variety of songs by Michael Jackson, including Black Or White and Workin’ Day and Night, along with the Jackson 5 song ABC.