"Daddy Cool" by Boney M. (covered by Contest Daddy) was used in a French contest for Just Dance 4. It later made an official and playable appearance in Just Dance 2018 and Just Dance Now, with the song now being covered by Groove Century. In Just Dance 2018, the track also appears in Kids Mode.
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman in a 70s disco attire. She wears a dark purple afro with a yellow headband, two red earrings, a red, tight suit composed of a purple collar, a red bra and red bell-bottoms tied together by a knot on her back, and two gloves: the left one is purple and the right one is yellow. She wears a pair of purple heels, and she has a zoom-like glow.
The dancer is a panda. He wears a pink hat, a long, yellow, pink, and blue blazer, a cyan blue short, white and pink striped slacks, and black and blue shoes.
The background is a stage with reflections of the coach into spotted lights, a purple disco ball on the right, and many red and purple lights on the floor. On the sides, there are two white shapes dancing: a square with orange star sunglasses and a heart with fuchsia rectangular sunglasses.
Just Dance 2018
The background takes place in a colorful tropical rainforest with tall bamboo. The dancer is on a pink bamboo platform that flashes blue. The panda's face is seen for a short amount of time, before disappearing and having a cheetah and a monkey appear in disco fashion. At an instrumental verse, the forest darkens and the platform turns dark blue. Soon, it is colorful again, where toucans appear and sing along to the song. Some pineapples appear in the sky as the toucans are present.
There are 2 Gold Moves in Just Dance 2018:
Gold Move 1: Point forward while you move to the left.
Gold Move 2: Bring your arms up and move your left leg behind your right leg.
- Daddy Cool can be heard in the credits of Just Dance Wii 2.
Just Dance 4 Contest
- The routine is in the style of a Just Dance 3 routine. The coach has visible facial features, the pictogram bar has a triangle instead of a rectangle, the pictograms are in the style of Just Dance 3 pictograms, some of the pictograms are semi-transparent, and the dancer has a big glow.
- The background is mostly recycled from Only Girl (In The World), except for the additional elements (such as the disco ball).
- The routine also uses a sound effect from Only Girl (In The World).
- The track was cut by over 2 minutes.
- Some pictograms are reversed.
Just Dance 2018
- Daddy Cool is the second song by Boney M. to be in the series.
- However this song is a cover, while Rasputin used the original audio track.
- The number of games between the two songs is seven, tying with Automaton and Cosmic Girl for the record of the second longest game gap and beating the previous tied record holders (Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go and Last Christmas).
- Daddy Cool is the fourth song covered by Groove Century in the series after Soul Searchin’, Boogie Wonderland, and U Can’t Touch This.
- This is the sixth song with the panda as a dancer after C’mon, Timber, I Gotta Feeling, Don’t Stop Me Now’s alternate mode, and The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody).
- The panda’s head in the cover is bigger than in the gameplay.
- In the US preview, the toucans fall from the sky after four beats; in the UK preview, instead, they fall after eight beats (right when the line "She’s crazy like a fool" ends).
- In the UK preview, the pictograms are also in a lighter shade than in the US preview.
- Daddy Cool holds the record for the shortest pictogram sprite in Just Dance 2018 (27 pictograms).
- In some photos, the glove is on its left instead of right.