"Dancing Queen" by ABBA is featured on ABBA: You Can Dance. Also, this song was leaked in the files of Just Dance 2015. However, it did not appear in the final version for unknown reasons. The song was also found in the Just Dance 2016 files.
Appearance of the Dancers
ABBA: You Can Dance
The dancer is a woman with short blonde hair in a bob cut. She has a black sequined dress, red tights and black high heels.
The Prom Night dancer is a teenage girl with long, curly brown hair, a pink and purple prom dress, gold high heels, a white flower bracelet and a silver tiara.
Just Dance 2015 (Beta)
According to a leaked square, the routine was going to be a Trio Sing-Along routine.
The lead dancer, a woman, has pink, poofy hair tied up by a bunch of purple ribbons. She is also in a sleeveless peachy gown with a pink tutu, as well as a long purple flowing dress.
Her dress turns blue during the chorus, and her top turns to a light shade of purple. Her tutu turns cyan
P1, a girl with mint-turquoise hair tied in a braid, is in a single-sleeved pink top with fuchsia frills. She is also seen wearing a purple wristband on her left wrist. Purple ribbon bows are also seen on the frills, and she is wearing a pair of long peachy jeans.
Her hair also turns pink during the chorus, as seen in the leaked image. Her shirt turns cyan, and her jeans turn magenta.
P3, also a girl, has a similar hair concept when compared with P1. She is wearing a similar top, but there are no frills. Instead, a large purple bow acts as a belt around her waist. She is also wearing a flowing peachy dress with purple bows. She also has a pink ribbon tied up as a carnation band around her left wrist.
Her hair also turns pink during the chorus, and her top also turns cyan. Her gown turns to a shade of wine-pink, and her bow-belt turns into a dark shade of pink.
ABBA: You Can Dance
The Dance Floor routine takes place aptly on a dance floor, with the music video for this song.
The Prom Night routine takes place in a high school prom with a sign that says ABBA.
Just Dance 2015 (Beta)
According to the leaked square and the gameplay found in the files, the routine was to be set in a fairytale wonderland with pink clouds, a mint-tinted sky, mirrors and disco balls, which seems to resemble a bedroom.
The scene would also change to that of a night scene. A pink light can be seen shining from the sky, as well as colorful stars. A garden of glowing flowers can also be seen in the field of clouds.
There are 3 Gold Moves for the Dance Floor version, all of which are the same.
All Gold Moves: Fling your hands out.
There are 3 Gold Moves for the Prom Night version, all of which are the same.
All Gold Moves: Raise your hands, then bow.
- On ABBA: You Can Dance, this song has the most choreographies (2), plus a karaoke mode for this song, bringing the total to 3.
- A lyric from this song is the namesake for ABBA: You Can Dance. The lyric is "You Can Dance, you can jive".
- This song was leaked on the German Ubisoft website here (translated here), as it was supposed to be in Just Dance 2015. However, it is not present in the final game other than in the files.
- The song was always found on Amazon when purchasing the game here.
- This would have been the second ABBA song in the main series after Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight). However, as said before, it was not put in the final main tracklist.
- Several files for the song were left on the Just Dance 2015's disc. These files included a menu square and a gameplay screen.
- Dancing Queen and So Good are the only songs to be featured in a spin-off game but not in the main franchise.
- This is the fourth song to lack an actual Classic mode: according to its game play, the routine is a Sing Along mode.
- In a tutorial photo showing the Just Dance routine, if you look at the background of the photo, it is in the style of Just Dance 2014’s menu background, so the song was likely scrapped early in development.
- The Just Dance 2015 background resembles the one of Love You Like A Love Song.
- As seen in the Just Dance 2015 files, the song was supposed to have a Community Remix, but was later removed due to the song not being featured in the final game.
- P2's avatar is no longer accessible in Just Dance 2015 due to an update that was released for all consoles (excluding Wii) during early-2016.
- This also may occur to copies of the game that were bought around early-2016.
- This is the first song in ABBA: You Can Dance to have an alternative routine.
- It is also the first song in a spinoff series to have an alternative routine.
- The ABBA Prom Night version can be found on Just Dance Now files.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|