Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a female alien. She wears face makeup that was inspired by the look Katy Perry wore in the music video. The bodysuit is strangely shaped, is colored with purple, orange and black and looks reptilian. The dancer wears orange high heeled boots with accents that match the glove color.
The background is based off of outer space. There is a purple swirling fog. The dancer is standing on a purple platform which sometimes displays kaleidoscopic reflections of the coach. There are purple glowing lights behind, near the wall. When the alien dances, the lights on the globe she is standing on follow her dance rhythm.
Xbox 360 version (Just Dance 3)
The Xbox 360 background is blue and has planets of various sizes. There are zooming lines and the dancer is standing on a navy blue transparent platform that only displays shapes during the chorus.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 2: Move your right arm below your hips as you slowly rise up.
Gold Move 3: Put both arms apart from each other and hold the pose. This is the final move of the routine.
E.T. appears in the following mashups:
- Alien Behavior
- Not Human
- This is a Best Buy exclusive along with Teenage Dream, which is also by Katy Perry.
- There are two versions of the song; one that features vocals from Kanye West, and one with Katy Perry only. Ubisoft promoted that they would use the former version, but they instead used the version without Kanye West, because the former version has some words that had to be censored if they were in the game.
- If the former version was used, it would have been the second Kanye West song in the series; after American Boy.
- This is the first time a rap is cut in game, followed by Wild (Dizzee Rascal only), Blurred Lines, Dark Horse, 4x4, Gibberish and Don’t Wanna Know.
- This coach makes a cameo in Just Dance’s background.
- The kaleidoscopic reflections are used also in Jumpin, so this is another element recycled from a Japanese game of the series, along with the background of Mister and coloured lyrics.
- This is the fourth song by Katy Perry in the series, after Hot n Cold, Firework, and California Gurls. It is followed by Teenage Dream, Part of Me, I Kissed a Girl, Roar, Waking Up in Vegas, Birthday, Dark Horse, This Is How We Do, and Swish Swish.
- A remake was shown on a showreel uploaded on Vimeo between 2012 and 2013. It seems to be completely different from the version found in the Just Dance Now files: the coach's body is composed of glowy rainbow bubbles, it misses the small linear lights, the fog is dark blue and there are more reflections.
- As of the URL number 20150408_1230, E.T.’s pictogram color in the Just Dance Now files has been updated from dark purple to light purple and the arrows are yellow instead of green. The pictograms themselves have been changed as well.
- The song has the shortest title in Just Dance 3. It also has the least amount of letters out of any song in the series, with only two. However, it's not the shortest title, as it has four characters after counting the periods.
- In the remake, the reflections showing the coach's glove are still lime green, although the glove's colour has been changed to yellow.
- The dancer in the square of the remake looks darker than in the actual routine.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|