| Remove the bandaids!
This article's gallery contains images or videos with watermarks. If possible, please replace them with non-watermarked media.
"Funkytown" by Lipps Inc. (covered by Sweat Invaders in-game), is featured on the Best Buy edition of Just Dance 2, Just Dance: Summer Party, Just Dance Now, Just Dance Kids, and Just Dance Unlimited. In Just Dance Kids, the cover is done by The Just Dance Kids in-game.
Appearance of the Dancer
Just Dance 2
The dancer is a male, green, frog-like alien. He is wearing a dark green suit with a Saturn logo, a white belt with a futurist ray weapon, and dark green boots.
In the remake, the color palette for the dancer is now more saturated, and he now looks more realistic.
Just Dance Kids
The coach is a girl with dark brown, curly hair tied up in a chignon. She wears a red T-shirt with some white stripes, a bracelet on her right wrist, a pair of black leggins and ballerina shoes.
Just Dance 2
The background appears to take place in an old film. There are UFO ships flying around, as if there is an invasion going on, and one of the UFOs are shooting beams. Plus, there is a farm on the ground, and there are aliens can be seen walking around the place.
The colors for the background have been changed from black and white to sepia.
Just Dance Kids
The background is supposed to resemble a disco. It has a white-and-yellow checkered floor, moving white lights, yellow walls with some brown circles and three light blue, circual stages with dark blue stripes. On each stage, there is a human-resembling puppet: the ones on the sides are singing, and the one in the middle plays the drums; each puppet has brown curly hair, moustaches, yellowish skin, a jumper, black pants, and grey shoes.
The two background dancers are a female and a male: the female one is dressed the same way as the main coach, but her hair is blonde and in a bob cut, she hasn't got any bracelet and her T-shirt is blue; the male one has black, messy hair, a white shirt with a yellow T-shirt underneath, blue jeans with a black belt, and grey shoes.
There are 4 Gold Moves in the routine, all of which are the same.
All Gold Moves: Flap your arms. All four moves are done consecutively during the chorus.
There are 2 Gold Moves in the Just Dance Kids version.
Gold Move 1: Bend up and shake your shoulders and your arms.
Gold Move 2: Point upwards diagonally with your right arm, and put the left one on your shoulder.
Funkytown appears in the following Mashups:
- Jamaican Dance
- You’re the First, the Last, My Everything
- Just a Gigolo
- Bad Romance (Monsters)
- Irish Meadow Dance
Funkytown appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to his dance moves:
- Flying Frog
- Frog On Fire
- Funky Frog
- Funky Walk
- Funny Frog
- Funny Frog Swing
- Lazy Frog
- Mad Frog
- Traffic Frog
- Sometimes, there is a pictogram glitch in Just Dance Now.
- A glitch involving the pictograms happens in the preview, too.
- The background appears in Rock Lobster.
- In the Mashup for Jamaican Dance, three of the Gold Moves have been removed.
- When the dancer uses his tongue as a violin, it can actually be seen that, during the third repetition, his tongue comes out from the left side of his head and not from his mouth.
- In Just Dance Unlimited and later versions of Just Dance Now, the name of this track has been re-credited as Funky Town.
- Although the dancer in the routine is frowning, his avatar is smiling.
- Even though the dancer is in color, the background is black and white (sepia in the remake).
- In the Just Dance 2 menu square, the coach’s mouth has a slightly different shape.
- The cover by Sweat Invaders has a different ending from the original.
- Some of the pictograms have names that reference Tom Sawyer.
- This is the first song that was used in the film Shrek 2. The second is Accidentally in Love from Just Dance Kids 2, the third is Livin' la Vida Loca from Just Dance 4, and the fourth is Holding Out for a Hero from Just Dance 2015.
- In Just Dance Now, the preview didn't show the gold move effect during the gold move.
- In Just Dance 2 and Just Dance: Summer Party, whenever the dancer raises his arms or jumps, his hand or head get cut out.
- This was fixed in the remake.
Just Dance Kids
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|