"Funkytown" by Lipps Inc. (covered by Sweat Invaders in-game), is featured on the Best Buy edition of Just Dance 2, Just Dance: Summer Party, Just Dance Now, Just Dance Kids and Just Dance Unlimited. In Just Dance Kids, the cover is done by The Just Dance Kids in-game.
Appearance of the Dancer
Just Dance 2
The dancer is a male, green, frog-like alien. He is wearing a dark green suit with a Saturn logo, a white belt with a futurist ray weapon, and dark green boots.
In the remake, the color palette for the dancer is darker and he now looks more realistic.
Just Dance Kids
The coach is a girl with dark brown, curly hair tied up in a chignon. She wears a red T-shirt with some white stripes, a bracelet on her right wrist, a pair of black leggins and ballerina shoes.
Just Dance 2
The background appears to take place in an old film. There are UFO ships flying around, as if there is an invasion going on, and one of the UFOs are shooting beams. Plus, there is a farm on the ground and there are aliens can be seen walking around the place.
The colors for the background has been changed from black and white to dark brown.
Just Dance Kids
The background is supposed to resemble a disco. It has a white-and-yellow checkered floor, moving white lights, yellow walls with some brown circles and three light blue, circual stages with dark blue stripes. On each stage, there is a human-resembling puppet: the ones on the sides are singing, and the one in the middle plays the drums; each puppet has brown curly hair, moustaches, yellowish skin, a jumper, black pants and grey shoes.
The two background dancers are a female and a male: the female one is dressed the same way as the main coach, but her hair is blonde and in a bob cut, she hasn't got any bracelet and her T-shirt is blue; the male one has black, messy hair, a white shirt with a yellow T-shirt underneath, blue jeans with a black belt and grey shoes.
There are 4 Gold Moves in the routine, all of which are the same.
All: Flap your arms. All four moves are done consecutively during the chorus.
There are 2 Gold Moves in the Just Dance Kids version.
Gold Move 1: Bend up and shake your shoulders and your arms.
Gold Move 2: Point upwards diagonally with your right arm, and put the left one on your shoulder.
Funkytown appears in the following Mashups:
- Jamaican Dance
- You’re the First, the Last, My Everything
- Just a Gigolo
- Bad Romance (Monsters)
- Irish Meadow Dance
Funkytown appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to his dance moves:
- Flying Frog
- Frog On Fire
- Funky Frog
- Funky Walk
- Funny Frog
- Funny Frog Swing
- Lazy Frog
- Mad Frog
- Traffic Frog
- Sometimes, there is a pictogram glitch in Just Dance Now.
- The background appears in Rock Lobster.
- In the Jamaican Dance Mashup, three of this track's Gold Moves have been removed.
- When the dancer uses his tongue as a violin, it can actually be seen that during the third repetition, his tongue comes out from the left side of his head and not from his mouth. He's playing the violin with his ear.
- In Just Dance Unlimited and later versions of Just Dance Now, the name of this track has been re-credited as Funky Town.
- Although the dancer in the routine is frowning, his avatar is smiling.
- Even though the dancer is in color, the background is black and white (sepia in Just Dance Now).
- The two men behind the coaches of the Just Dance Kids version have a strong resemblance with Miis (avatars for various Wii, 3DS and Wii U games).
- In the Just Dance 2 menu square, the coach's mouth has a slightly different shape.
- The cover by Sweat Invaders has a different ending from the original.
- Along with Should I Stay or Should I Go and Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny), this song is a Best Buy exclusive in its game.
- This song and Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny) are both available in Just Dance: Summer Party/Extra Songs for all regions, coincidentally.
- This is the first song in the series to be heard in the film Shrek 2. It is followed by Accidentally in Love, Livin' la Vida Loca and Holding Out for a Hero.
- In the preview, there is a pictogram glitch.
| ||The Manual of Style has recently been updated, and this section of the article requires major reformatting to comply with the MoS. Help this Wiki by editing it.|
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|