Appearance of the Dancers
The dancers are two female teenagers who appear to have clashing personalities.
P1 is a girl who has magenta hair with purple streaks in pigtails. She wears a purple singlet, purple leggings, purple bracelets, a dark pink necklace, a red belt, and a pair of red shoes. She has a dark purple outline.
In the remake, her skirt and leggings are slightly darker, and her hair and glove are now a red color, but overall her outfit, and color scheme is the same.
P2 is a girl who looks like Avril Lavigne with middle-short orange hair with a green circlet. She wears a blue and white checkered school sweater, orange glasses, orange bracelets, a short blue skirt, and a pair of lime green shoes. She has a blue outline.
In the remake, her hair, glasses and bracelets are now red-orange, and the blue parts of her sweater and skirt are now blue-green.
The background is composed of two parts with checkered patterns: at the left it's purple-red and black with skulls-and-bones, and at the right it is sky blue and black with hearts. There are also two speakers and wires on the floor. They are supposed to correspond to the personalities of the two dancers; punk and good girl.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 2: Raise your arms up while jumping.
Gold Move 3: Cross both of your arms. This is the final move of the routine.
- Damn, motherf**king and hell are censored.
- In Just Dance 2, the line "What the hell were you thinking?" first appears as "What the ... were you thinking?" but then it reappears as "What were you thinking?".
- The hell is replaced with "type" in terms of audio, but hell is still replaced with three dots (...) in the lyrics.
- In the line And that's what everyone's talking about, everyone appears mistakenly as everybody.
- This is the first song by Avril Lavigne to be featured in the series. It is followed by Rock N Roll.
- The dancers were originally going to have different color schemes. P1's beta color scheme can be seen in a photo on one of the official pages for Just Dance. Also, the same beta element can be seen in the menu icon for Just Dance 2. However though, this icon was fixed in Just Dance: Greatest Hits and the icon now shows P1 with her final color scheme.
- The extraction of P1's beta color scheme and the Just Dance 2 menu icon (Which shows P2 on the left and P1 on the right) suggests that the dancers were going to be flipped.
- In the Just Dance 2 menu icon, P2's circlet, and glove are also mistakenly colored pink. The blue part of her sweater and skirt are also lighter than in the actual routine.
- In the Just Dance: Greatest Hits menu icon, P1's outline, glove and belt are mistakenly colored pink and the rest of her outfit is slightly more pinkish.
- There is a glitch with P2's bracelets: there is a yellow line on them and the orange (red in the remake) part gets lighter when she lowers her arms.
- Additionally, there is also a small patch (the same shade as the colored part of her sweater) on them when she performs certain moves.
- There is also a glitch where parts of P2's glove become orange. This is fixed in the remake.
- This song currently holds the record for the routine with the lowest pictogram count in its pictos sprite (only thirteen, even fewer than U Can’t Touch This and That’s the Way (I Like It), which have fourteen pictograms each).
- Girlfriend, along with TiK ToK, is the only song from Just Dance 2 that returns in Just Dance Wii 2.
- In the Just Dance: Greatest Hits and Wii 2 versions, the Gold Move 1 and 2 pictogram’s arrows are golden instead of having the same color as their related coach. This is the first time it happens in the series.
- This is the first Duet routine where both dancers are portrayed by the same person. The recordings for both dancers were filmed separately.
- The lightning symbol is mirrored in the square and in the Just Dance Unlimitedmenu banner.
- In Just Dance: Greatest Hits and Just Dance Wii 2, the pictograms are in Just Dance 4 style. Along with Hot N Cold, this is the only routine in Just Dance: Greatest Hits where this happens.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|