Appearance of the Dancers
The classic dancer is a man wearing a magenta coloured hat, a pair of light blue sunglasses, a yellow sweatshirt with a big black pair of eyes and mouth of a smiley on it, under that, a magenta shirt with its end shown underneath the sweatshirt, a pair of dark aqua pants which match his dark aqua coloured glove and lastly, a pair of magenta shoes.
All the dancers are male.
The lead dancer is a man with a black jacket and tie. He wears black pants and shoes.
BackupBoth backup dancers are men with black hair. They wear white vests and ties, black pants and black shoes.
The two males that appear in the background towards the start of the song are wearing boxes on their heads. They are blue and highly detailed. They are wearing jackets.They look similar to Video Killed the Radio Star.
There are also two girls wearing pink jackets and have pineapples on their shirts. One of the girls hair is poofy and resembles the Ghostbusters sweat version. The other one looks similar to American Girl and Mr. Saxobeat, in style of hair.
The panda from C'mon makes a reappearance. However, he looks different this time. He is wearing a red/yellow headband, a radio around his neck, and red sneakers.
The first backup dancer is Cain, as seen in the behind the scenes video. The second is Aurélie Sériné. The third is Alexis, and the fourth is Shirley. Then, on the left, Alexis appears again, and, on the right, Cain appears again.
The background consists of real life shots (akin to Gentleman) with some animated effects. The real life shots are mostly a school hallway, the underneath of a concrete bridge, and residential area and a pool. There are various backup dancers dancing along to the song (see above for background dancers).
The Sing Along background is the same as Starships’ Charleston Mode's background, aside from two microphones which have been planted for the dancers.
There are 3 Gold Moves in the Classic routine, all of which are the same.All: Clap once with both of your hands while walking to the left.
There are 3 Gold Moves for P1, and 2 Gold Moves for P2 and P3 in the Sing Along routine.
Gold Moves 1 and 2 (P1): Straighten your shirt.
Gold Move 3 (All): P1 points to the sky and P2 and P3 push away.
Gold Move 4 (P2/P3): Push away.
Happy is the first song to have a Community Remix. The full remix was shown at the Ubisoft live stream. Just Dance sent about 15 people the full choreography for the people to send to Just Dance so that his/her part gets featured.
The following are featured:
- Carl_Natassia [USA]
- JennySmilez [Australia]
- MonoFreind6 [UK]
- Party2Rock [USA]
- Dancelicious77 [USA]
- Melanie1988 [Belgium]
- XXJohnXX [USA]
- Hermanitas [Mexico]
- ALEXANGEL96 [USA]
- SHOWT1M3 [Belgium]
- MAXPOWER999 [Canada]
- HappyJENNY [USA]
- FaTCaT [France]
- BLUEBIRD606 [USA]
- ALIC14 [USA]
- ESTRELLITA [Spain]
- Sammy3 [Italy]
- JUSTROX [USA]
- Mo Chocolate [USA]
- 1MORERABBID [Ubisoft]
Happy appears in Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to the dance moves:
- Happy Pushes
- Jump Of Joy
Happy appears in the following Dance Quest maps:
- The background was used in the teaser trailer "#June9 - Just Dance".
- This song was used for the official Just Dance 2015 trailer.
- This was the first song to be confirmed for Just Dance 2015.
- This is one of the several songs to have multiple dancers in the background not copying the main dancer.
- This might be a reference to the music video, where over 400 dancers dance to the song, one by one.
- The dancer is meant to look like Pharrell Williams. Also, a similar (or maybe the same) coach is in Blurred Lines, which is a song that's also partially made by Pharrell.
- This is the third song by Pharrell Williams in the Just Dance series, the first and second were his features in Blurred Lines and Get Lucky.
- The background for the Sing-Along is very similar to that of Starships (Charleston).
- By a vote to see which new alternate gameplay would be unveiled, this song assumedly came second to I Love It (Guard Dance).
- The background of the classic version has possibly the most animated effects in the whole series.
- This song is shortened by 1 minute and 9 seconds.
- In the Sing-Along routine, unlike other trios, the lead dancer is the left dancer, and the backup dancers are the middle and right ones.
- Happy is the only trio to do this.
- On the PAL cover, the dancer's shirt is shinier than in the game.
- The backup choir was inspired by some scenes in the music video.
- Ubisoft used to tease a game before its confirmation by pictures being shadows of dancers, in which a link was added with them. Clicking the link would redirect to the official Just Dance game site. Every link had a marker; the link from the teasing picture of this song had this one: ?utm_campaign=dm_9Jun2014_jd2015_e3trackteasehappy; the end of this marker leaked the track.
- The panda from C'mon ,Timber , and I Gotta Feeling appears in the background.
- The sing along is the third routine in which the lead dancer has more Gold Moves, the first being the on-stage mode of #thatPOWER, and the second being The Fox. It was then followed by Boys (Summertime Love).
- It's the second alternate mode that does this.
- For some reason, the legs of one of the backup dancers who resembles Video Killed the Radio Star are not painted, unlike his arms.
- The track has a VIP consisting of Richy Jackson. In the VIP, Richy does mildly different moves than in the original routine. He even does the wrong ending pose.
- Happy’s Community Remix is the only one that does not require internet connection.
- This is because it's built into the game's disc.
- A few days prior to Just Dance 2015's release, the song was available on Just Dance Now for one week. It is the second song in the game series's history of appearing in Just Dance Now before launch, the first being Movement is Happiness. However, it got removed after that. It was re-added nearly 8 months later, on April 17, 2015.
- This makes Happy the song with the second-longest time gap between its removal from Just Dance Now and its re-release, the first being American Girl.
- This is one of the songs selected for the Just Dance 2015 World Cup.
- The dancer appeared in the beta icons of some cups in Dance Quest.
- When the Sing-Along routine was first added to Just Dance Now, there was an error where the "- ALTERNATE" was absent from the song name. The song was later removed and re-added 10 minutes later with "- ALTERNATE" being present. Also, before the song was removed, the preview audio originally played the first verse. However, it was changed to the second chorus before the bridge.
- On June 15, 2016, Happy was free on Just Dance Now due to Smile Power Day.
- The Classic coach's jumper is worn in Natoo's music video for Je Sais Pas Danser.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|