|This article is about routine on Just Dance 2018. You may be looking for scrapped routine on Just Dance 2017.|
"In the Hall of the Pixel King" by Dancing Bros. was going to be featured in Just Dance 2017, but the routine was scrapped for unknown reasons. The song made a return in Just Dance 2018 as an official track with an entirely different choreo, dancer, and background. The song features a remix of In the Hall of the Mountain King by Edvard Grieg and Ode to Joy by Ludwig van Beethoven.
Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a man. He is wearing a cyan, yellow and red colored shirt with an 8-bit design. He has a purple glove on his left arm and a blue glove on his right arm. He is wearing shorts which has the same color as his shirt and a pair of red shoes.
The routine takes place in a level in a platformer video game. The routine has four different backgrounds. The background starts inside at an underground level. As the tempo speeds up, the level takes place on a grassland level, and pixelated coins can be seen floating in the sky. Halfway into the routine, the dancer rides on a skateboard, then the background changes into a cloud level in which the camera pans up vertically. The skateboard then disappears into a cloud, where then there are cloud platforms.
As the track changes to Ode to Joy, the dancer is seen hopping vertically through cloud platforms.
As the track changes back to In Hall of the Mountain King, with a faster tempo, the background changes into a level that's completely made out of ice. In the end, a treasure chest is seen along side the dancer, meaning that the dancer won the "game".
Throughout the routine, various stuff like the already mentioned coins, enemies, and obstacles appear.
There are 3 Gold Moves in the routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 3: Put your left hand on your hip and your right fist up. Gold Move 3 is the final move of the routine.
Gold Move 2: Punch with your right arm out and kick with your right leg out.
- In the Hall of the Pixel King is the third classical piece in the series, after Hungarian Dance No. 5 and William Tell Overture. It is followed by Carmen (Overture).
- In the Hall of the Pixel King is the fifth known song to be scrapped in an earlier game before appearing in a later game, after We Can’t Stop, Copacabana, You Never Can Tell, and Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini.
- However, it is the second to receive an entirely new choreography, after Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini.
- It is also the third song to have a change in background elements, following We Can’t Stop and You Never Can Tell.
- The coins in the background resemble the Mojo coins from Just Dance 2014 and Just Dance 2015.
- In the Hall of the Pixel King, along with Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, Love Ward, Carmen (Overture), and Bubble Pop! (Bubble Gum version), were originally planned to be included in Kids Mode. However, they were scrapped for unknown reasons.
- The Wii version of the routine has no sound effects when coins are collected, when rocks are collided into.
- At the start of the routine, the player is logged in the "game" displayed in the routine.
- At the end of the routine, a robotic voice can be heard saying "I am the mountain king." However, it is not translated into lyrics.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|