|Just Dance 2|
|Released:|| NA October 12, 2010|
AU October 14, 2010
EU October 14, 2010
KOR December 8, 2011
|Developed by:||Ubisoft Paris|
|Preceded by:||Just Dance|
|Succeeded by:||Just Dance 3|
Just Dance 2 is the second game in the Just Dance series. It was released on October 12, 2010 (North America), October 14, 2010 (Europe/Australia) and December 8, 2011 (Korea) for the Wii. The game includes 44 new tracks and new game modes.
The concept of the game remains from previous Just Dance installment, with players mimicking the dance moves of on-screen dancers for a score. There are four new dance modes, including 'Just Dance Mode' where players can get together and dance for an unlimited duration. 'Non-Stop Shuffle' where gameplay is nonstop, 'Medleys' which include 5 short pieces of different songs which are mixed together.
'Duets' allows for players on the same console to dance together. 'Dance Battle Mode' is a team mode that features up to 8 players support. 'Just Sweat' mode is an exercise focused mode which set objectives based around completing dance sessions.
Here is the list of the 48 original songs. 3 of them are exclusive routines and 1 is a Warm Up routine.
- * - Covered
- (WU) - Is a Warm Up routine.
- (BBE) - Best Buy Exclusive, which is only in the NTSC region.
|It's Raining Men||The Weather Girls||2||3||1983||3:52||Solo|
|I Got You (I Feel Good)||James Brown||2||2||1965||2:48||Solo|
|When I Grow Up||The Pussycat Dolls||2||1||2008||4:05||Solo|
| Toxic*|| Britney Spears|
(The Hit Crew)
| Move Your Feet||Junior Senior||3||3||2002||3:01||Solo|
|Proud Mary||Ike and Tina Turner||2||3||1969||3:59||Solo|
| Hot Stuff||Donna Summer||2||1||1979||3:32||Duet|
|Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)||MIKA||1||2||2007||4:08||Solo|
|I Want You Back||The Jackson 5||2||1||1971||2:57||Solo|
|Iko Iko||Mardi Gras||1||2||1953||2:37||Solo|
| Holiday*|| Madonna|
(The Hit Crew)
|Sway (Quien Sera)*|| Michael Bublé|
| Satisfaction||Benny Benassi presents "The Biz"||1||1||2002||4:46||Solo|
|Jungle Boogie*|| Kool & the Gang|
| Crazy in Love*|| Beyoncé ft. Jay-Z|
|Soul Bossa Nova||Quincy Jones and His Orchestra||1||1||1962||2:48||Duet|
|Sympathy for the Devil (Fatboy Slim Remix)||The Rolling Stones||1||1||1969||4:16||Solo|
|Jump in the Line||Harry Belafonte||3||2||1961||3:43||Duet|
|Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go||Wham!||1||2||1984||3:50||Solo|
|Walk Like an Egyptian||The Bangles||2||2||1986||3:24||Solo|
| The Power||Snap!||2||3||1990||3:49||Solo|
| Jump*||Kris Kross (Studio Allstars)||3||3||1992||3:15||Duet|
|Monster Mash*||Boris Pickett and The Crypt-kickers (The Frighteners)||1||1||1962||3:06||Solo|
|Take Me Out||Franz Ferdinand||2||2||2004||3:57||Solo|
|That's Not My Name||The Ting Tings||2||1||2008||3:46||Solo|
|The Shoop Shoop Song (It's in His Kiss)||Cher||2||2||1990||2:52||Duet|
|Body Movin’ (Fatboy Slim Remix)||Beastie Boys||1||3||1998||4:08||Solo|
|Viva Las Vegas||Elvis Presley||2||2||1964||2:22||Solo|
|Rockafeller Skank||Fatboy Slim||3||3||1998||3:58||Solo|
|Should I Stay or Should I Go (BBE)||The Clash||1||2||1982||3:06||Solo|
|Funkytown* (BBE)|| Lipps Inc.|
|Jai Ho (You Are My Destiny) (BBE)||A. R. Rahman and The Pussycat Dolls ft. Nicole Scherzinger||2||2||2009||3:48||Solo|
|Cheesy Cha Cha (WU)||APM Music||2||2||2010||3:10||Solo|
- (JD3) indicates that the song was found in the files of Just Dance 3.
|Let’s Get It Started (JD3)||The Black Eyed Peas||Unknown||Unknown||2003||3:52||Solo|
- * - Covered
- (F) - Free download.
- (XF) - No longer available as a free download.
- Note that unless otherwise indicated, every DLC costs 300 Wii Points.
|"Firework" (F)||Katy Perry||1||2||2010||Solo||October 12, 2010|
|"Pon de Replay"||Rihanna||2||2||2005||Solo||October 12, 2010|
|"Barbie Girl"*|| AQUA|
(Countdown Dee's Hit Explosion)
|1||3||1997||Duet||October 12, 2010|
|"Pump Up The Volume"||M/A/R/R/S||2||2||1988||Solo||October 12, 2010|
|"Maniac"*|| Michael Sembello|
(The Hit Crew)
|2||3||1983||Solo||October 28, 2010|
|"Born To Be Wild"||Steppenwolf||1||2||1967||Solo||October 28, 2010|
|"Professor Pumplestickle"||Nick Phoenix and Thomas J. Bergersen||3||1||2006||Duet||October 28, 2010|
|"Crying Blood"||V V Brown||2||2||2008||Solo||October 28, 2010|
|"Down By The Riverside"||The Reverend Horatio Duncan and Amos Sweets||2||1||1927||Solo||November 26, 2010|
|"Futebol Crazy"||The World Cup Girls||1||2||2010||Solo||November 26, 2010|
|"Kung Fu Fighting"||Carl Douglas||2||2||1974||Duet||December 18, 2010|
|"Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit of Monika)"**|| Lou Bega|
(The Lemon Cubes)
|3||2||1999||Duet||December 18, 2010|
|"Nine In The Afternoon"||Panic! at the Disco||1||1||2008||Duet||December 18, 2010|
|"It's Not Unusual"||Tom Jones||2||2||1965||Solo||December 18, 2010|
|"Chicken Payback"||A Band of Bees||1||1||2004||Solo||December 18, 2010|
|"Crazy Christmas" (XF)||Santa Clones||2||3||2010||Solo||December 18, 2010|
|"Skin-To-Skin"||Sweat Invaders||1||3||2010||Solo||January 16, 2011|
|"You Can't Hurry Love"||The Supremes||2||2||1966||Duet||February 11, 2011|
|"Why Oh Why"||Love Letter||1||1||2010||Duet||February 11, 2011|
|"American Boy"||Estelle feat. Kanye West||2||1||2008||Duet||February 11, 2011|
|"Come On Eileen"||Dexy's Midnight Runners||3||3||1982||Duet||March 17, 2011|
|"Song 2" (K2)||Blur||2||2||1997||Solo||March 17, 2011|
|"Spice Up Your Life"||Spice Girls||3||3||1997||Duet||March 17, 2011|
|"Here Comes the Hotstepper"* (XF)|| Ini Kamoze|
(The Hit Crew)
|2||2||1995||Solo||April 15, 2011|
|"Moving on Up"*|| M People|
(The Lemon Cubes)
|1||2||1993||Solo||June 2, 2011|
|"When I Grow Up"||The Pussycat Dolls||Contest (Sam)|
|"When I Grow Up"||The Pussycat Dolls||Contest (Liana)|
|"When I Grow Up"||The Pussycat Dolls||Contest (Mandy)|
- This is the first Just Dance game to feature DLCs, alternate routines and duets.
- This is the first Just Dance game to have the squares cropped into a different shape (in this case, a circle). It is followed by Just Dance 3 (which did the same thing), the Wii and PS3 versions off Just Dance 4 (cropping the squares into a "D" shape), and Just Dance 2018 (which crop the squares into circles with sharpened edges).
- This is the first game where Gold Moves appear. In the previous Just Dance installment, the moves with bonus points exist as Shake Moves.
- This is the only game in the series where, in duet routines, the lyrics are displayed at the bottom center and the pictograms slide from both sides of the screen.
- This is the first Just Dance game to have store-exclusive songs. It is later followed by Just Dance 3.
- This is the last Just Dance game to only be available for the Wii. Just Dance 3 opened compatibility to Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, Just Dance 4 to the Wii U, Just Dance 2014 to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and Just Dance 2017 to the Nintendo Switch and PC.
- In the files, the Contest Winners extractions have incorrect codenames; Sam's routine appears as contest3, Mandy's routine appears as contest1 and Liana's routine appears as contest2.
- This game was the best-selling third-party Wii game.
- If the player get 5 stars on every song, the home screen will show up having a yellow background and have star shapes appear. This feature later reappeared on Just Dance 3.
- A player cannot choose which coach to follow in a Duet; the people holding onto the first and third Wii remotes will have to play as P1, while the people holding onto the second and fourth Wii remotes will have to play as P2.
- However, if you have 2 Wii remotes, connect them to the Wii, and then disconnect P1's Wii remote, you can play as P2.
- This also occurred on Just Dance Summer Party.
- Just Dance 2 marks the 1st game in the Just Dance series to have a Korean version.
For a full list of Just Dance 2’s beta elements, see Just Dance 2/Beta Elements.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|