|Just Dance 2016|
|Released:|| NAOctober 20th, 2015|
AUOctober 22nd, 2015
EUOctober 22nd, 2015
RUOctober 22nd, 2015
|System(s):||Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4|
|Developed by:||Ubisoft France|
|Rating(s):||E10+, PEGI 3, 0+|
|Preceded by:||Just Dance 2015|
|Succeeded by:||Just Dance 2017|
Just Dance 2016 is the seventh installment in the Just Dance franchise. The game was released on October 20, 2015 in the United States and on October 22, 2015 for the rest of the world, except for the UK where the release date was October 23, 2015.
Gameplay and Features
Introducing all new game modes on PS4™, Xbox One™ and Wii U™ consoles, with more focus on online and sharing features:
- “Dance Party” mode, where players can either work together with a common score bar or play against each other, as in previous games.
- “Sweat and Playlists” mode, to customize workout sessions.
- “Dance Quests” mode, completely different from its incarnation in Just Dance 4, where each quest has the player play through 3 pre-determined songs facing bots, trying to get one of the top 3 overall scores.
- “World Video Challenge” mode, where players send videos of their performances and challenge their friends and the whole Just Dance community to beat their score.
- JDTV, where players can watch community made videos and fan made dances.
- Introducing Showtime, a new feature for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Wii U where players sing, act, and/or perform in front of their cameras to create shareable music videos. Only select songs are available in this mode.
- Additionally, Just Dance 2016 introduced Just Dance Unlimited, a new streaming service that will regularly deliver exclusive new content and offer subscribers 150 songs at launch. At launch, Unlimited also offers 4 Unlimited Exclusive Dance Quests. This service is exclusive to Xbox One, Wii U and PlayStation 4.
- You can now use your smartphone as a controller to play the game on the Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One. This allows Wii U and PS4 users to play with up to 6 players instead of 4, which is a feature previously exclusive to the Xbox One.
- "Party Master Mode" Party Master returns, like previously as a Wii U exclusive. A fifth player can join and be the party’s DJ, using the Wii U gamepad to choose the songs and select the next dance moves.
- Community Remix, VIP, Score Challenges, kCal Tracker, Autodance and World Dance Floor (for 7th Gen consoles only) are all returning features.
- An asterisk (*) indicates that this song is covered in-game.
- "(JDDP)" = Also featured on Just Dance: Disney Party, though with a different choreography and dancer.
- "(PG)" = Song was proven to have been planned for a previous game.
- "(SL)" = Sing-Along Mode.
- "(D)" = This song was also in the demo version of the game (8th gen consoles only).
- "(JDU2017)" - This song is on Just Dance Unlimited for Just Dance 2017.
- "(R)" = This song is exclusive to Just Dance Unlimited outside of Russia.
- On eighth gen consoles, the song list is ordered alphabetically, while on seventh gen consoles, the tracks are ordered as they are below.
| All About That Bass|
|No Control||One Direction||2014||Dance Crew|
| I Gotta Feeling|
|The Black Eyed Peas||2009||Solo|
|Fancy||Iggy Azalea Ft. Charli XCX||2014||Trio|
|These Boots Are Made For Walking*||Nancy Sinatra (The Girly Team)||1966||Solo|
|Uptown Funk||Mark Ronson Ft. Bruno Mars||2014||Solo|
|Balkan Blast Remix||Angry Birds||2015||Dance Crew|
|Heartbeat Song||Kelly Clarkson||2015||Solo|
|Hey Mama||David Guetta Ft. Nicki Minaj, Bebe Rexha & Afrojack||2014||Trio|
|Ievan Polkka||Hatsune Miku||2007||Solo|
|The Choice Is Yours||Darius Dante Van Dijk||2015||Solo|
|Fun||Pitbull Ft. Chris Brown||2014||Solo|
|William Tell Overture||Rossini||1829||Duet|
|Chiwawa||Wanko Ni Mero Mero||2015||Solo|
| You Never Can Tell*|
|Chuck Berry (A. Caveman & The Backseats)||1963||Duet|
| Born This Way|
| Kaboom Pow|
|When The Rain Begins To Fall*||Jermaine Jackson and Pia Zadora (Sky Trucking)||1984||Duet|
|Same Old Love||Selena Gomez||2015||Trio|
| Cool For The Summer|
|Want To Want Me||Jason Derulo||2015||Solo|
| Under the Sea*|
|Samuel E. Wright (Disney's "The Little Mermaid")||1989|| Solo|
|This Is How We Do||Katy Perry||2013||Dance Crew|
|Hit The Road Jack*||Ray Charles (Charles Percy)||1961||Duet|
|Junto a Ti||Martina Stoessel & Lodovica Comello (Disney's "Violetta")||2012||Trio|
|Calvin Harris Ft. John Newman||2014||Solo|
|Irish Meadow Dance||O'Callaghan's Orchestra||1856||Dance Crew|
|Rabiosa||Shakira Ft. El Cata||2010||Solo|
|Circus||Britney Spears||2008||Dance Crew|
| You're The One That I Want*|
|John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (From The Movie Grease)||1978||Duet|
| Hangover (BaBaBa)|
|Buraka Som Sistema||2011||Duet|
| I'm An Albatraoz|
|Kool Kontact||Glorious Black Belts||1997||Duet|
|Stuck On A Feeling||Prince Royce||2014||Solo|
|Boys (Summertime Love)*||Sabrina (The Lemon Cubes)||1987||Trio|
|Drop the Mambo||Diva Carmina||2003||Solo|
|Barry Manilow (Frankie Bostello)||1978||Dance Crew|
|Let's Groove*||Earth, Wind & Fire (Equinox Stars)||1981||Trio|
Thirteen alternate routines are featured in Just Dance 2016.
- (W/8) - Exclusive to the Wii and all 8th-Generation consoles.
- (JDU2017) - Available in Just Dance Unlimited for Just Dance 2017
|Uptown Funk||Tuxedo version||Trio|
| Born This Way|
|Rabiosa||Latin Fitness version||Solo|
|Hey Mama||Geisha version||Trio|
|I Gotta Feeling||Classroom version||Duet|
|This Is How We Do||Aerobics version||Solo|
|All About That Bass||Flower & Bee version||Duet|
|Hit The Road Jack*||Line Dance version||Trio|
| Want To Want Me|
Party Master Modes
|All About That Bass|
|Born This Way|
|Want To Want Me|
There are 28 Mashups in the game, but only 9 of them are playable on the Xbox 360 and PS3. Also, there are 8 Mashups exclusive in Just Dance Unlimited.
- "(W/8)" - Exclusive to the Wii and 8th Generation consoles.
- "(P)" - Exclusive to PAL consoles.
- "(UE)" - Exclusive to Just Dance Unlimited. (Note: Just Dance Unlimited Mashups do not have themes; instead in the theme column, they have their release month provided.) On December 23, 2016 all routines were removed.
- "(2017)" - The Mashup is from Just Dance 2017.
- "(REMOVED)" - The Mashup has been removed.
|Song||Mode||Theme||Icon Dancer||Gold Move||Dancer(s)|
| All About That Bass|
|Solo||Divas||Drop the Mambo||No|
|Solo||Club||Feel So Right||Yes|
| Balkan Blast Remix|
|Solo||May||Flashdance... What A Feeling||No|
|Born This Way||Trio||Triplets||Don't Worry Be Happy||Yes|
| Boys (Summertime Love)|
|Solo||Best of Just Dance 2016||All About That Bass||No|
|Circus||Solo||Show-off||Beauty and a Beat||Yes|
|Solo||July||Can't Get Enough||Yes|
|Drop the Mambo||Solo||Don't Touch||Bad Romance||Yes|
|Fancy||Solo||Retro Men||Soul Searchin'||Yes|
|Solo||June|| Where Have You Been|
| Hangover (BaBaBa)|
|I Gotta Feeling||Solo||Hops & Jumps||Sexy And I Know It||Yes|
| I'm An Albatraoz|
|Solo||Merry Go Round||Addicted To You||Yes|
|Ievan Polkka||Duet||B.F.F.||Blurred Lines||Yes|
| Irish Meadow Dance|
|Solo||April||Acceptable in the 80s||Yes|
| Let's Groove|
|Solo||Just Shine||I Love It||Yes|
| No Control|
|Solo||January||Waking Up in Vegas||No|
|Rabiosa||Dance Crew||Bring Your Friends||Dynamite||Yes|
| Same Old Love|
| Stadium Flow|
|Solo||Girl Power||You Make Me Feel...||Yes|
| Stuck On A Feeling|
|Teacher||Solo||Costume Party||Who Let the Dogs Out?||Yes|
| This Is How We Do|
|Uptown Funk||Solo||Behind the Scenes||Love Me Again||Yes|
| Want To Want Me|
|All About That Bass|
|Born This Way|
|I Gotta Feeling|
|You're The One That I Want|
|This Is How We Do|
|Want To Want Me|
|When The Rain Begins To Fall|
Except for Uptown Funk's Community Remix, no Community Remix is available on the Wii.
- (U) indicates that the Community Remix will be exclusive to Just Dance Unlimited due to the song only being playable on Just Dance Unlimited.
|Song||Contest Entry Dates||Date Released|
|Uptown Funk||October 20, 2015 - October 22, 2015||Launch|
|The Choice Is Yours||October 20, 2015 - November 2, 2015, December 7, 2015 - January 3, 2016||January 8, 2016|
|All About That Bass||November 19, 2015 - December 6th, 2015||December 22, 2015|
|I Gotta Feeling||January 8, 2016 - February 3, 2016||March 10th, 2016|
|Hey Mama||February 10th, 2016 - March 2016||April 5th, 2016|
|Ievan Polkka||March 10th, 2016 - April 5th, 2016||April 28th, 2016|
|I'm An Albatraoz||April 5th, 2016 - April 24th, 2016||May 26th, 2016|
|Break Free (U)||June 23rd, 2016 - July 11th, 2016||TBA|
|Animals (Extreme Version)||N/A||June 30, 2016|
|Taste The Feeling (Alternate) (U)||July 11th, 2016 - August 9th, 2016||September 1, 2016|
- "(JD2)" = Originally from Just Dance 2.
- "(JD3)" = Originally from/Also in Just Dance 3.
- "(JD4)" = Also in Just Dance 4.
- "(JD2014)" = Originally from Just Dance 2014.
- "(JD2015)" = Originally from Just Dance 2015.
- "(G)" = Also in Just Dance: Greatest Hits.
- "(8G)" = Eighth Generation console (Wii U, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One) exclusives.
- "*" = Covered
(JD2) (G) (JD3) (JD4) (8G)
|Sentai Express||2011||Dance Crew|
| Feel So Right|
|Imposs Ft. Konshens||2013||Solo|
|Bog Bog Orkestar||2013||Solo|
| Epic Sirtaki*|
|The Cast of Zorba the Greek (The Bouzouki's)||2014||Trio|
| XMas Tree|
| You're On My Mind|
|Imposs ft. J.Perry||2014||Dance Crew|
For the full list of tracks, see Just Dance Unlimited.
(Felix Jaehn Remix)
November 25, 2015
|Better When I’m Dancin’||Meghan Trainor||2015||Solo|
January 20, 2016
|Shut Up and Dance||Walk the Moon||2014||Duet|
February 26, 2016
|Get Ugly||Jason Derulo||2015||Trio|
March 10, 2016
|Taste The Feeling||Avicii vs. Conrad Sewell||2016||Solo|
April 21, 2016
|Am I Wrong||Nico & Vinz||2013||Solo|
May 19, 2016
|Hold My Hand||Jess Glynne||2015||Solo|
June 9, 2016
July 11, 2016
|Taste The Feeling (Alternate)||Avicii vs. Conrad Sewell||2016||Solo|
August 11, 2016
|This Is How We Do (Fanmade)||Katy Perry||2014||Solo|
Behind the Scenes
- On the Wii, if you pause(press +) at the last minute of a song then play it, after the song end a glitch might appear. The scores and the button "continue" will vanish.
- Electro Body Combat is heard throughout the teaser.
- This is the third game in the series (after Just Dance 3 and Just Dance 2015) to be released in the U.S. several days earlier than in the rest of the world.
- It is also the second game to have console-exclusive Mashups after Just Dance 4.
- The song selection menu for eight generation consoles is similar to Just Dance Now’s.
- The Community Remix has a new look (except for Uptown Funk). It now features the original dance with the people edited into it.
- The music heard in the teaser was used before in the Just Dance 2015 - Exclusive Uplay Rewards [UK] video, which was used to promote rewards on Just Dance 2015.
- Exclusive to eight generation systems, the scoring system (X, OK, GOOD, PERFECT and YEAH!) has a new sparkly effect and the stars in the star bar have a new beat system.
- Imposs' Stadium Flow is used for the game's demo trailer. Its preview video was also the last to be released.
- PS4 and Wii U players can now enjoy several features previously exclusive to the Xbox One. Up to six players can now play the game with the use of smartphones in addition to motion controllers, with up to two players playing as the same coach.
- This is the first entry in the main series since the original Just Dance game to not have a Rihanna song or any DLC (both original and recycled), though eight generation users have the option to subscribe to Just Dance Unlimited.
- Despite this, all versions of the game has a screen that reads "Music Downloads are not rated by ESRB/PEGI" shown on startup.
- This is the third game in the main series to not have a beta dancer on the PAL cover.
- This game introduces Trio Mashups, though at launch, only one song (Born This Way) has this feature.
- The Mashup theme Suit Up! was recycled from Just Dance 2015, thus making it the only Mashup theme to be recycled.
- Mojo has been devalued on eight generation consoles at a rate of 1 to 100. For example, each earned star now awards 100 mojo instead of 1 (similar to Just Dance 4). As a result, unlockables now cost more Mojo to unlock.
- On seventh gen consoles, the menu layout and the U.I. is recycled from Just Dance 2015 with slight updates.
- The U.S. version of the game comes with a code for Just Dance Unlimited that lasts 48 hours (2 days) while all other regional versions come with a code that lasts 30 days. It is possible that this is due to the fact that the Gold Edition of the game is exclusive to the U.S.
- If saved data from previous Just Dance games is present on a console upon boot up, the following three avatars will be unlocked:
- Raving Rabbid Avatar
- Santa Avatar
- Barbara Avatar
- In all of the track preview trailers, the star sound is shortened, producing a sharp sound. In the final game, the star sound is fuller and louder.
- On the Xbox One, pressing the home button to return to the Xbox Home puts the game in a standby state where the background moves to a rhythm but the game is frozen and there is no sound until reentering the game.
- Wii U players cannot go home to the console's main menu while playing a song, even if it's offline.
- One of the Mojo-Unlockable avatars in the game does not have a sticker appearance like all of the other avatars.
- A promotion launched by Ubisoft allowed people to purchase Just Dance 2016 and One Direction's Made in the A.M. together on Amazon at a special discounted rate.
- Ubisoft has sponsored multiple videos regarding this game, such as:
- Starting November 25, 2015 (GMT), there is a sale where subscriptions for Just Dance Unlimited were 40% off. This ended on December 2, 2015.
- Every song from the twentieth century is covered.
- Just Dance 2016 won the 'Favorite Video Game' award in the 2016 Kids' Choice Awards.
- Sometimes, the 8th-gen versions of the game are affected by a glitch: some avatars from Dance Quests will not be unlocked although the player actually completed them.
- On March 15th, 2016, the "Star Remix / Community Remix" section of Just Dance Unlimited was simply renamed to "Community".
- On seventh generation consoles, there is an error where an effect from the main menu of the game will appear while playing a routine.
- Additionally, on the PlayStation 3 version of the game, there is a glitch where the "Add challengers" option will mostly disappear in all coach selection screens.
- Taste The Feeling can be played on 8th Gen Consoles for free, if the console is connected to the internet.
- On the Wii U, it is not possible now to show your avatar, while holding "A".
For a full list of Just Dance 2016’s beta elements, see Just Dance 2016/Beta Elements.
For a full list of Just Dance 2016's achievements, see Just Dance 2016 Achievements .
Song List Videos
On the Set
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZE369XU/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p63_d2_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=12N81EDY1QFD9C1ZZM0A&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2105317182&pf_rd_i=desktop
- ↑ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-Dance-2016-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B00ZGBCUZ6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434631652&sr=8-2&keywords=just+dance+2016
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqQQp_Mg0i4
- ↑ http://just-dance.ubi.com/en-GB/controller-app/index.aspx
- ↑ http://blog.ubi.com/just-dance-2016-controller-app/
- ↑ https://ebgames.com.au/wiiu-202903-Just-Dance-2016-Wii-U
- ↑ http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/10/24/review-just-dance-2016/173737/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fupKfi03CdU
- ↑ https://youtu.be/demxxaq4e1o
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTP0ziUyn-w
- ↑ https://youtu.be/_rjTi2Y0cuA?t=1m6s
- ↑ https://youtu.be/z7Q84L27z2c?t=7m41s
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B017RZ4XI0?ncid=347----2-odsocmed-17-23-AmazonOneDirectionJustDance2016--17-19-10-1115
- ↑ JUST DANCE 2016 (Teens React Gaming)
- ↑ Teens Teach Their Parents How to Dance // Presented by BuzzFeed & Just Dance 2016
- ↑ 40% sale in USD on the eShop
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve2hkYCtxPI&list=WL&index=11
- ↑ https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t35.0-12/12325489_1712921385588132_1280833336_o.jpg?oh=dd2b53cde0945cf807dd6000a5a3045b&oe=56EA2EEB
- ↑ http://prntscr.com/anzj75
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|