|Just Dance 2017|
|Released:|| PC, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4|
NAOctober 25, 2016
EUOctober 27, 2016
UKOctober 28, 2016
AUOctober 29, 2016
March 3, 2017
|System(s):||PC, Wii, Wii U, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch|
|Developed by:||Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft Milan, Ubisoft Pune, Ubisoft Reflections|
|Genre(s):||Dance, Rhythm, Party|
|Rating(s):||PEGI 3, E10+, 0+, L, G, O+, ALL, 0|
|Preceded by:||Just Dance 2016|
|Succeeded by:||Just Dance 2018|
Just Dance 2017 is the eighth installment in the Just Dance franchise. The game was first teased on June 10, 2016, and was officially revealed at E3 2016. The game was released in North America on October 25, 2016. The Nintendo Switch version of the game was released on March 3, 2017 at the Switch's launch.
A Chinese version, 舞力全开2017, was announced on March 22, 2017.
Gameplay and Features
- Just Dance Controller (for Android and iOS only, Windows Phone version is not updated to work with Just Dance 2017 only 2016)
- Your smartphone acts as a tracking device and scores your moves - no camera, Kinect, or PS Move required!
- Take photos of your Just Dance moments, apply fun filters, and share them on your favorite social networks!
- Access Just Dance TV video content anywhere, anytime. Watch, like, and share exclusive videos including autodances, dance lessons, behind the scenes videos and Just Dance Minutes.
- Play with up to 6 players simultaneously.
- Edit your avatar and skin on the go!
- Just Dance Unlimited (8th-Gen, Nintendo Switch and PC only)
- The dance-on-demand service is back and brings fresh content to all game modes!
- More than 250 songs will be available at launch and more content, including EXCLUSIVE songs, will be added throughout the year!
- New search tools and customized playlists will help you find your favorite tracks to dance to and keep the party going.
- A 3-month trial (PAL) of Just Dance Unlimited comes in every box of Just Dance 2017 while for NTSC there is two boxes one box "Regular Package" includes a 48 hour pass and another one "Just Dance 2017 Gold Edition" on the box includes a 3 Month Pass plus a 48 hour pass for Just Dance Unlimited.
- Just Dance Machine (8th-Gen, Nintendo Switch and PC only)
- Aliens have abducted you! They need your dance energy to refill their spaceship's batteries and go back home.
- Each Dance Machine session is composed of five short exclusive and unique dance experiences that span different types of dance: Flamenco, Charleston, Ballet, Haka, French Cancan... Never seen before on Just Dance!
- If you have provided the Aliens with enough energy, they will unlock new dance segments for you to try and help them out!
- Sweat + Playlists
- Make workouts fun by creating playlists with your favorite tracks, or launching the non-stop shuffle mode! Track your calories burnt, time spent dancing, and number of songs played!
- World Dance Floor
- The player-vs-player feature will be returning to all 7th and 8th-Gen consoles including PC and Nintendo Switch.  This year, you get to defeat a boss who's trying to defeat everyone's high score (8th-Gen, PC and Nintendo Switch only)
- Customize the background of your avatar with skins!
- World Video Challenge (PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, and PC. Challenge Mode for 7th-Gen)
- The video challenge returns to Just Dance this year! Compete with other people around the world while watching them dance!
- Dance Mashup (8th Gen, Nintendo Switch, PC and Wii only)
- Mashups return from Just Dance 2016 and the background returns from Just Dance 2015 and Just Dance 2016!
- Dance Quest
- The Dance Quest feature from Just Dance 2016 returns.
- You are a Superstar!
- When you reach a score of 11,000 in any song in this game, you'll receive a Superstar! That means, the letters are now shown on the score bar and the 5 golden stars are changed to Platinum.
- Keep an eye out after the Fifth Star is achieved, the score bar will flash if you are about the achieve the Superstar. The letters will appear on the top of the stars you achieved as a player in the routine.
- NOTE: This feature is only available if you are doing the routine in Rivals. Co-Op will not get this new feature.
- This feature also works on all songs in Just Dance Unlimited from this game.
- An asterisk (*) indicates that this song is covered in-game.
- A (D) indicates that this song is used in the demo version of this game.
- A (S) indicates that this song is an exclusive routine on the Nintendo Switch.
- A (S-JDU) indicates that the song is only available on Just Dance Unlimited on the Nintendo Switch.
- A (NOW) - This song is also featured in Just Dance Now
- A (JDN-R) This song was featured at Just Dance Now but removed.
- A (JD2016) indicates that this song is featured in Just Dance 2016.
- A (NCH) indicates that this song is not featured on 舞力全开2017.
- On eighth-gen consoles, the song list is ordered alphabetically, while on seventh-gen consoles, the tracks are ordered as they are below.
|Cake By The Ocean (NOW)||DNCE||2015||Solo|
|Cheap Thrills (JDN-R)||Sia ft. Sean Paul||2016||Solo|
|DADDY (NCH)||PSY ft. CL of 2NE1||2015||Trio|
|Sorry (D)||Justin Bieber||2015||Solo|
|Hips Don’t Lie||Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean||2005||Solo|
|September* (NOW)||Earth, Wind & Fire (Equinox Stars)||1978||Trio|
|Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)||Beyoncé||2008||Solo|
|Don’t Stop Me Now (NOW)||Queen||1978||Solo|
|Lean On||Major Lazer & DJ Snake ft. MØ||2015||Dance Crew|
|Can’t Feel My Face (NOW)||The Weeknd||2015||Solo|
|Into You||Ariana Grande||2016||Solo|
|Don’t Wanna Know||Maroon 5||2016||Solo|
|Ghost In The Keys (NOW)||Halloween Thrills||2016||Dance Crew|
|RADICAL (NOW)||Dyro & Dannic||2014||Solo|
|La Bicicleta (NOW)||Carlos Vives & Shakira||2016||Duet|
|Like I Would (S-JDU)||ZAYN||2016||Solo|
|Wherever I Go||OneRepublic||2016||Solo|
|Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) (D) (NOW)||Silentó||2015||Dance Crew|
|I Love Rock ‘N’ Roll*||Joan Jett & The Blackhearts|
(Fast Forward Highway)
|Groove||Jack & Jack||2014||Duet|
|Oishii Oishii (NOW)||Wanko Ni Mero Mero||2016||Duet|
|Worth It||Fifth Harmony ft. Kid Ink||2015||Solo|
|Last Christmas* (S-JDU)||Wham!|
|Carnaval Boom (NOW)||Latino Sunset||2016||Solo|
|All About Us (NOW)||Jordan Fisher||2016||Trio|
|Leila (NOW)||Cheb Salama||2016||Solo|
|Cola Song||INNA ft. J Balvin||2014||Solo|
|Little Swing||AronChupa ft. Little Sis Nora||2016||Duet|
|Run the Night (JDN-R)||Gigi Rowe||2016||Solo|
|Dragostea Din Tei (JDN-R)||O-Zone||2004||Trio|
|Scream & Shout||will.i.am ft. Britney Spears||2013||Dance Crew|
|Tico-Tico No Fubá* (NOW)||Zequinha de Abreu|
(The Frankie Bostello Orchestra)
|Bailar (NOW)||Deorro ft. Elvis Crespo||2016||Solo|
|Titanium||David Guetta ft. Sia||2011||Solo|
|Te Dominar (NOW)||Daya Luz||2016||Trio|
|What Is Love* (JDN-R)|| Haddaway|
|El Tiki (NOW)||Maluma||2015||Duet|
|Chiwawa (S)(JD2016)(NOW)||Wanko Ni Mero Mero||2015||Solo|
|William Tell Overture (S)(JD2016)(NOW)||Rossini||1829||Duet|
Ubisoft Club Exclusives
These songs can be unlocked on Just Dance 2017 through Ubisoft Club.
Note: Let Me Love You is unlocked at start if the player has a Uplay account until June 2017.
Additional Note: These songs are not available in-game for the Nintendo Switch, as Ubisoft Club is not available for the said console. Due to this, these songs must be played through Just Dance Unlimited, with the exception of William Tell Overture, due to it being on the main track list of the Nintendo Switch version of the game.
|Drop the Mambo||Diva Carmina||2015||Solo|
|Kool Kontact||Glorious Black Belts||2015||Duet|
|Let Me Love You||DJ Snake feat. Justin Bieber||2016||Duet|
|William Tell Overture||Rossini||1829||Duet|
Note: Cola Song's alternate is unlocked from the start.
- A (NCH) indicates that this song is not featured on 舞力全开2017.
- A (NOW) - This song is also featured in Just Dance Now.
|Cola Song||Candy Version||Dance Crew||2014|
|Don’t Stop Me Now (NOW)||Panda Version||Solo||1978|
|Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)||Family Battle Version||Dance Crew||2015|
|Cake By The Ocean||Earphones Version||Duet||2015|
|DADDY (NCH)||Father/Son Version||Duet||2015|
|What Is Love (NOW)||Car Version||Duet||1993|
|Lean On||Scarf Version||Solo||2015|
|Hips Don’t Lie||Sumo Version||Duet||2005|
|Cheap Thrills (NOW)||Bollywood Version||Duet||2016|
|El Tiki||Trio Version||Trio||2015|
|September||Disco Fitness Version||Solo||1978|
|Sorry (NOW)||Extreme Version||Solo||2015|
|Worth It||Extreme Crew Version||Dance Crew||2015|
|Scream & Shout||Extreme Version||Solo||2012|
Note: On eighth generation consoles and PC, the Mashups are playable via Just Dance Unlimited. (excluding Scream & Shout's mashup) However, they don't require a paid subscription. On Wii, Mashups are unlockable via Mojo Coins. Mashups are not available on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3.
- (2016R) - The Mashup used to be available in Just Dance 2016 but was subsequently removed.
- (O) - This Mashup is not from Just Dance Unlimited and can be played offline.
|Song||Theme||Mode||Icon Dancer||Gold Moves||Dancer(s)|
|Cheap Thrills||Sunglasses||Solo||Crazy in Love||No|
|DADDY||K-Pop||Solo||You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)||Yes|
|Ghost In The Keys||Swag||Solo||So Good||Yes|
|Hips Don’t Lie||Caliente||Solo||Stuck On A Feeling||Yes|
|Lean On||World||Solo||Hips Don't Lie||Yes|
|RADICAL||Back in the days||Solo||It’s You||Yes|
|Scream & Shout (O)||American dream||Solo||Break Free||Yes|
|September (2016R)||Sweatember||Solo||Ghostbusters (Sweat)||Yes|
|What Is Love||Icebreaker||Duet||Turn Up the Love||Yes|
|Worth It||Tease me||Duet||Get Low||Yes|
This is a list of Community Remixes available for play in Just Dance 2017.
|Song||Contest Entry Dates||Date Released|
|PoPiPo||October 27, 2016 - November 3, 2016||Canceled|
|Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)||November 3, 2016 - December 8, 2016||December 15, 2016|
|Bailar||January 5, 2017 - January 31, 2017||March 30, 2017|
|Cheap Thrills||February 23, 2017 - March 16, 2017||TBA|
|Don't Stop Me Now||April 10, 2017 - May 3, 2017||TBA|
- An (F) means that the song was originally exclusive to Just Dance Unlimited when playing in France, Luxembourg or Belgium but has since been made available worldwide.
- An (S) means that the song is exclusive to Just Dance Unlimited on the Nintendo Switch.
Available at launch
|Imya 505 (Имя 505)||Время и Стекло||2015||Solo|
|Ona tańczy dla mnie||Weekend||2012||Duet|
|Je sais pas danser (F)||Natoo||2016||Solo|
November 14, 2016
|Cake By The Ocean (V.I.P.)||DNCE||2015||Duet|
November 24, 2016
|Oishii Oishii (V.I.P.)||Wanko Ni Mero Mero||2016||Solo|
|Hips Don’t Lie (V.I.P.)||Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean||2005||Solo|
December 21, 2016
|Juju On That Beat||Zay Hilfigerrr & Zayion McCall||2016||Duet|
January 26, 2017
|Don’t Worry||Madcon ft. Ray Dalton||2015||Duet|
|Chiwawa (Remastered Version, by Barbie)||Wanko Ni Mero Mero||2015||Solo|
February 23, 2017
|Me Too||Meghan Trainor||2016||Solo|
|Je sais pas danser (W)||Natoo||2016||Solo|
March 3, 2017
|How Deep Is Your Love (S)||Calvin Harris & Disciples||2015||Solo|
March 23, 2017
|HandClap||Fitz & the Tantrums||2016||Trio|
April 20, 2017
|Don’t Let Me Down||The Chainsmokers ft. Daya||2016||Duet|
These are the songs that were originally planned to be in the game, but were later removed for unknown reasons.
|Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini*|| Brian Hyland|
|Titanium (Alt.)||David Guetta ft. Sia||2011||Trio|
|RADICAL (Alt.)||Dyro & Dannic||2014||Solo|
Steve Hannley of Hardcore Gamer noted that Ubisoft had defied his prediction that Just Dance Unlimited would be the future of the franchise and that would be no further physical releases, but felt that Ubisoft had put a larger effort into the on-disc content of 2017 than 2016 (which he described as being a "last minute afterthought" to introduce Unlimited). The Just Dance Machine mode was considered to be "pointless" due to being a basic concept driven by its presentation, but was "a concept that's never been done before in rhythm games and an example of the innovation the series needs to warrant a another physical release". Hannley also praised the higher quality of the game’s soundtrack, including more recent hit music, fewer "joke" songs, and surfacing Gigi Rowe’s "impressive" debut single "Run the Night". In conclusion, Hannley continued to assert that Ubisoft should focus more on providing more immediate access to recent music rather than requiring players to wait for the next annual physical release, but that Just Dance 2017 was "thankfully a marked improvement over its predecessor."
- The game's name was revealed in a video uploaded by Ubisoft Brasil on YouTube, which also confirmed a virtual reality mode. The video later went private for a few hours before being released to the public again.
- However, Ubisoft Brasil claimed that the game would not feature a virtual reality mode. This was later proven false.
- On the first day of E3 2016, a total of five coaches (Sorry, Worth It, Lean On, PoPiPo, and Can’t Feel My Face) were revealed on the Facebook page of Ubisoft Brasil.
- The Gold Move effect for this game was revealed through Just Dance Now’s routine previews and Just Dance Unlimited announcements.
- Just like the last two games, Just Dance 2017 has captions for every alternate routine you unlock, but only on seventh-gen consoles. Here are the captions attributed to each routine, in order of when they are unlocked:
- Don’t Stop Me Now - Never say no to Panda!
- Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) - Dance with your family!
- Cake By The Ocean - Ready for a date?
- RADICAL - Put your helmet on!
- DADDY - Ready for a little workout?
- What Is Love - In the mood for a road trip?
- Lean On - Don't step on the scarf!
- Hips Don’t Lie - Follow my hips!
- Cheap Thrills - Want to be a Bollywood star?
- El Tiki - The more the merrier!
- September - Are you ready to sweat?
- Sorry - Do you need a second chance?
- Worth It - Ready to rock the stage?
- Scream & Shout - Golden is not silence!
- This is the first game in the main series to be available for PC (via Steam and Uplay) and Nintendo Switch (formerly Nintendo NX).
- It is also the first main series game not to have a Katy Perry song in the main tracklist or appear as an original/recycled DLC.
- To date, this main series game has the most console releases (eight).
- This game is the most linguistically diverse, containing songs performed in the following eleven languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Albanian, Romanian, Russian, French, Turkish, and Polish.
- The game was 'released' in France two weeks before it was meant to be officially released.
- This is the second time (after Kiss You in Just Dance 2014) that the first song in the menu is not performed by a solo female. On seventh-gen consoles, the first song is Cake By The Ocean, which is performed by a solo man; on eighth-gen consoles, the first song is All About Us, which is performed by a trio of a man and two women.
- All three returning Ubisoft Club Exclusive songs are from Just Dance 2016.
- When a holiday is near, the game will display a theme of the said holiday in the Song Selection screen (ex: a Halloween theme was added on October 26, 2016). This only happens on eighth generation consoles and the PC, however.
- The PC & the Switch version of the game don't have Karaoke, and displays only lyrics.
- The digital Gold edition for Xbox One does not contain three months for Just Dance Unlimited.
- There is a glitch where when the player is about to get superstar, the first "S" is delayed.
- Out of all the games in the series, Just Dance 2017 has the fewest tracks, after Just Dance, with only 40 songs (excluding Unlimited exclusives). It is also the game with the fewest Mashups (10) and the first game since Just Dance 4 to not have Party Master Mode.
- When viewing Autodances, videos of What Is Love, I Love Rock ‘N’ Roll, and Last Christmas will play the original versions of the songs.
- Just Dance 2017 is the sixth game in the series to be nominated for a Kid's Choice Award. The only exceptions are Just Dance and Just Dance 2015.
- On 7th-gen systems the covers for Bonbon, Scream and Shout, Groove, Lean On, and Can't Feel My Face have the glass like effect from Just Dance 2014's squares.
- When the Nintendo Switch was launched it did not include the songs Like I Would or Last Christmas, those two songs were only playable on Just Dance Unlimited.
- All of the Dance Crews are mixed gender dance crews except for Worth It's alternative
For a full list of Just Dance 2017’s beta elements, see Just Dance 2017/Beta Elements.
For a full list of Just Dance 2017’s achievements, see Just Dance 2017 Achievements.
Behind the Scenes
- ↑ https://www.amazon.com/Just-Dance-2017-Wii-Nintendo/dp/B01GWGX74Q/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1465851194&sr=8-4&keywords=Just+Dance+2017
- ↑ http://just-dance.ubisoft.com/de-DE/home/index.aspx
- ↑ http://just-dance.ubisoft.com/en-GB/home/index.aspx
- ↑ http://just-dance.ubisoft.com/en-AU/home/index.aspx
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/justdancegame/photos/a.316270855175038.1073741828.298090406993083/806723389463113/?type=3&theater
- ↑ http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/27/nintendo-nx-will-launch-in-march-2017/
- ↑ http://imgur.com/Y2w41SW
- ↑ http://just-dance.ubisoft.com/en-US/news/152-253688-16/just-dance-2017-at-e3
- ↑ https://youtu.be/7LukDWQNoNs?t=37m57s
- ↑ https://club.ubi.com/#!/en-US/game/just-dance-2017-og
- ↑ http://just-dance.ubisoft.com/en-GB/just-dance-unlimited/index.aspx
- ↑ http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/11/01/review-just-d7nce-2017/233369/
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Dance_2017#Reception
- ↑ http://just-dance.ubisoft.com/en-US/news/152-255779-16/just-dance-vr-prototype-debuts-at-e3
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/UbisoftPuneStudioisFun/photos/a.402858849882406.1073741827.402848689883422/628411073993848/?type=3&theater
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/ubisoft.brasil/photos/a.217258471628369.56525.210050789015804/1191411514213055/?type=3&theater
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/justdancegame_us/
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|