|Just Dance 4|
|Released:|| Wii, PS3, Xbox 360|
NAOctober 9, 2012
AUOctober 2, 2012
EUOctober 2, 2012
NANovember 18, 2012
AUNovember 30, 2012
EUNovember 30, 2012
|System(s):||Wii, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U|
|Developed by:||Ubisoft Milan, Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft Romania, Ubisoft Reflections|
|Preceded by:||Just Dance 3|
|Succeeded by:||Just Dance 2014|
Just Dance 4 is a dance/rhythm game developed and published by Ubisoft. It is the fourth installment in the series and the first to be released on the Wii U. The game was released on October 2, 2012 with the Wii U version being released on November 18, 2012.
Players are judged on their ability to mimic dance moves performed by on-screen dancers. Players can choose the song they dance to and score is kept depending on the amount of accurate timings and movements.
New features and modes in Just Dance 4 include a dance battle mode, expansions to the game's Just Sweat mode, and unlockable bonus routines for specific songs.
Players can unlock 'Dance Quests', with each song having up to six missions that can be completed. To complete these quests, players would have to follow specific critera and movements to clear them.
Dancer Cards can be created by players which display their most frequently played songs, their highest scores, and online and offline challenges. Online leaderboards are available for the Wii U, PS3, and Xbox 360 versions of the game.
Another new feature is the new visual; The excess neon used on the clothes of the dancers previously have been removed, and clothes are shown in their natural, more realistic state. Backgrounds are also more detailed and animated, rather than the simple backgrounds used in previous games.
Just Dance 4 Special Edition
There is a special edition of the game which only adds one song; Umbrella by Rihanna, as well as an Alternate Version to the song can be unlocked in-game. However, the Special Edition is only for the PAL Wii due to Umbrella being on the default tracklist for all other consoles.
Wii U Version
The Wii U version of Just Dance 4 has its own special additions and features as well as having the most exclusive Mashups. For the first time in the series, a game mode can support up to 5 players at once. Puppet Master Mode allows four players to dance on-screen at once. The fifth player uses the Wii U Gamepad and becomes the Master of Ceremonies. The MC has the ability to switch dance routines in real time. The other four players must perform the moves decided by the MC.
The Wii U operator also has the ability to create custom choreographies on Puppet Master Modes and choose the next song. The Wii U controller allows light painting, which can be used for writing/drawing things on the screen for the other 4 players. It is also possible to display the lyrics on the gamepad.
- '*' - Indicates this song is covered.
- P - This track is exclusive to the PAL region (Europe and Australia).
- N - This track is exclusive to the NTSC region (North and South America).
- S - Special edition on PAL Wii, main list already on others
- E - DLC on NTSC Wii, main list already on others
- C - Cheetos Code (NTSC on Wii and Xbox only)
- W - This track is a Wii U exclusive.
- 2014DLC - This track returns as DLC on Just Dance 2014.
- 2015DLC - This track returns as DLC on Just Dance 2015.
|Call Me Maybe||Carly Rae Jepsen||1||2011||Solo|
|Good Feeling||Flo Rida||2||2011||Solo|
|Rock Lobster||The B-52's||2||1978||Duet|
|What Makes You Beautiful||One Direction||1||2011||Dance Crew|
|Hot For Me||A.K.A||2||2012||Solo|
|Aserejé (The Ketchup Song)||Las Ketchup||1||2002||Duet|
|Hit ’Em Up Style (Oops!)||Blu Cantrell||1||2001||Solo|
|We No Speak Americano*||Yolanda Be Cool and D-CUP (Hit The Electro Beat)||2||2010||Solo|
|Oops!...I Did It Again*||Britney Spears (The Girly Team)||2||2000||Dance Crew|
|Beauty And A Beat||Justin Bieber ft. Nicki Minaj||3||2012||Solo|
|Everybody Needs Somebody To Love*||The Blues Brothers (Dancing Bros)||2||1980||Duet|
|Crazy Little Thing||Anja||3||2012||Solo|
|Super Bass||Nicki Minaj||3||2011||Solo|
|Tribal Dance||2 Unlimited||3||1993||Duet|
|On the Floor||Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull||1||2011||Solo|
|Beware of the Boys (Mundian To Bach Ke)||Panjabi MC||2||1999||Dance Crew|
|Never Gonna Give You Up||Rick Astley||1||1987||Solo|
|Run the Show||Kat DeLuna ft. Busta Rhymes||3||2008||Duet|
|Livin’ la Vida Loca||Ricky Martin||3||1999||Solo|
|You’re the First, the Last, My Everything||Barry White||1||1974||Dance Crew|
|Oh No!||Marina and the Diamonds||3||2010||Solo|
|I Like It||The Blackout Allstars||3||1994||Duet|
|Love You Like a Love Song||Selena Gomez and the Scene||1||2011||Solo|
|Crucified||Army of Lovers||3||1991||Dance Crew|
|Mas Que Nada||Sergio Mendes ft. The Black Eyed Peas||1||2006||Solo|
|Some Catchin' Up To Do||Sammy||1||2012||Solo|
|The Final Countdown||Europe||3||1986||Duet|
|Mr. Saxobeat||Alexandra Stan||1||2011||Solo|
|Jailhouse Rock||Elvis Presley||1||1957||Dance Crew|
|Moves Like Jagger||Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera||2||2011||Solo|
|Can’t Take My Eyes Off You||Boys Town Gang||1||1982||Duet|
|Make The Party (Don’t Stop) (E)||Bunny Beatz||2||2012||Solo|
|Wild Wild West||Will Smith||3||1999||Dance Crew|
|Istanbul (Not Constantinople)||They Might Be Giants||1||1990||Dance Crew|
|(I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life||Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes||3||1987||Duet|
|Rock n’ Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain)||Skrillex||2||2010||Solo|
|Time Warp*||The Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast (Halloween Thrills)||3||1975||Dance Crew|
|You Make Me Feel... (C)||Cobra Starship ft. Sabi||2||2011||Solo|
|Brand New Start (C)||Anja||2||2012||Solo|
|Good Girl (N)||Carrie Underwood||1||2012||Solo|
|Umbrella (S)||Rihanna ft. Jay-Z||1||2007||Solo|
|Cercavo Amore (P)||Emma||3||2012||Solo|
|Diggin’ in the Dirt (P)||Stefanie Heinzmann||2||2012||Solo|
|Ain’t No Other Man* (W)||Christina Aguilera (The Girly Team)||2||2006||Solo|
|Domino (W)||Jessie J||1||2011||Solo|
|Want U Back (W)||Cher Lloyd ft. Astro||1||2012||Solo|
These are the songs that were originally planned to be in the game, but were later scrapped for reasons unknown.
- (U) - This routine can either be unlocked through Mojo (on the Wii) or through Uplay.
- (WP) - This routine is exclusive to the Wii, Wii U and Playstation 3.
- (NW) - This routine is not available on the Wii.
|Call Me Maybe (U)||Alternate||Solo||3|
|Can’t Take My Eyes Off You||Alternate||Solo||3|
|Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (WP)||Hold My Hand||Hold My Hand||1|
|Jailhouse Rock (NW)||Line Dance||Solo||3|
|Run the Show||Extreme||Solo||4|
|Tribal Dance||With a Katana||Solo||1|
|Umbrella||With an Umbrella||Solo||2|
|What Makes You Beautiful||Extreme||Solo||4|
|Wild Wild West||Extreme||Solo||4|
Behind The Scenes
Mashups are present in the game.
- (W) - This Mashup is available only on the Wii U.
- (PW) - This Mashup is available only on the PlayStation 3 and the Wii U.
- (U) - This Mashup can be unlocked through Mojo (on the Wii) or through Uplay.
|(I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life (PW)||1|
|Ain’t No Other Man* (W)||2|
|Asereje (The Ketchup Song) (W)||2|
|Beauty and a Beat (U)||2|
|Beware of the Boys (Mundian To Bach Ke)||2|
|Call Me Maybe||1|
|Can't Take My Eyes Off You (W)||1|
|Good Feeling (U)||2|
|Hit ’Em Up Style (Oops!) (W)||1|
|I Like It (W)||2|
|Jailhouse Rock (PW)||3|
|Livin’ la Vida Loca (PW)||3|
|Love You Like A Love Song (PW)||1|
|Mas Que Nada (PW)||1|
|Moves Like Jagger||1|
|Mr. Saxobeat (W)||1|
|Never Gonna Give You Up (W)||2|
|Oops!...I Did It Again*||3|
|Rock n’ Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain)||2|
|Run the Show (PW)||2|
|So What (PW)||2|
|Super Bass (PW)||2|
|The Final Countdown (W)||3|
|Tribal Dance (PW)||3|
|We No Speak Americano* (W)||1|
|What Makes You Beautiful||2|
|Wild Wild West (PW)||1|
|You’re the First, the Last, My Everything||3|
Puppet Master Modes
Puppet Master Modes were introduced in Just Dance 4 for the Wii U only. Here are the songs with this mode:
|Ain’t No Other Man*|| Christina Aguilera|
(The Girly Team)
|"Beauty and a Beat"||Justin Bieber feat. Nicki Minaj||2012|
|"Call Me Maybe"||Carly Rae Jepsen||2012|
|"Good Feeling"||Flo Rida||2011|
|"Love You Like A Love Song"||Selena Gomez & the Scene||2011|
|"Mas Que Nada"||Sérgio Mendes feat. The Black Eyed Peas||2006|
|"Moves Like Jagger"||Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera||2010|
|"Mr. Saxobeat"||Alexandra Stan||2011|
|"Never Gonna Give You Up"||Rick Astley||1988|
|"Oh No!"||Marina and the Diamonds||2010|
|"Rock n' Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain)"||Skrillex||2010|
|"Super Bass"||Nicki Minaj||2011|
|"We No Speak Americano"*|| Yolanda Be Cool and DCUP|
(Hit The Electro Beat)
|"What Makes You Beautiful"||One Direction||2011|
|Rock n’ Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain) vs Livin’ la Vida Loca||Skrillex vs. Ricky Martin||1||2010 vs. 1999|
|Super Bass vs Love You Like A Love Song||Nicki Minaj vs. Selena Gomez & the Scene||3||Both 2011|
|Beauty And A Beat vs Call Me Maybe||Justin Bieber ft. Nicki Minaj vs. Carly Rae Jepsen||1||Both 2012|
|Tribal Dance vs Rock Lobster||2 Unlimited vs. The B-52's||2||1993 vs. 1980|
|Moves Like Jagger vs Never Gonna Give You Up||Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera vs Rick Astley||2||2011 vs. 1987|
- (U) indicates that the workout has to be unlocked via the Wheel of Gifts.
|Aerobics in Space||Dynamic Fitness Steps / 80's Pop Music||Moon Cruise||Solar Trip||Galactic Journey|
|Sweat Around The World||Latin Dance Practice / World Music||Garden Journey||Forest Dance||Jungle Adventure|
|Electro Body Combat||Cardio Fighting Exercise / Electro Music||Amateur Match||Pro Competition||World Championship|
|Cheerleaders Boot Camp||Extreme Training / Punk Rock Music||Garage Rehearsal||Club Concert||Stadium Show|
|Swinging 60's Workout (U)||Funny Health Conditioning / Classy Pop Music||Breakfast Practice||Tea Party Training||Flower Power Party|
All DLCs cost 300 Wii Points on the Wii and $2.99 on the other consoles.
- (NW) - NTSC Wii only
- (P) - PAL region only
- (WXP) - Wii, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 only
- (WC) - Only available in the store without using the code
|Part Of Me||Katy Perry||4||2012||Solo|
|You Make Me Feel...||Cobra Starship ft. Sabi||2||2011||Solo|
|Make The Party (Don't Stop) (NW)||Bunny Beatz||2||2012||Solo|
|One Thing||One Direction||1||2011||Duet|
|So Glamorous||The Girly Team||2||2012||Solo|
|Hit The Lights||Selena Gomez and the Scene||2||2012||Solo|
|Want U Back (WXP)||Cher Lloyd ft. Astro||1||2012||Solo|
|Good Girl (P)||Carrie Underwood||1||2012||Solo|
|Oath||Cher Lloyd ft. Becky G||2||2012||Duet|
|We R Who We R||Ke$ha||2||2010||Solo|
|Professor Pumplestickle||Nick Phoenix and Thomas J. Bergersen||3||2006||Duet|
|The Lazy Song||Bruno Mars||1||2010||Solo|
|Gold Dust||DJ Fresh||2||2010||Solo|
|Primadonna||Marina and the Diamonds||2||2012||Solo|
|Baby Girl (EX)||Reggaeton||2||2003||Solo|
- When opening up the game box and looking at the DLC paper, it is shown to contain fake DLCs like Brand New Start which has the Jungle Drum dancer, Alright and Katti Kalandal. On the DLC instruction manual for the Xbox 360 version, it shows Brand New Start with Kids in America dancer.
- This probably is because the only first DLC released was Part Of Me.
- This is the last game to have a Britney Spears song in a row, as they have appeared in all the Just Dance game series except for Just Dance 2014 and Just Dance 2015 but she returns in Just Dance 2016 with Circus uncovered and Just Dance 2017 as a featured artist on Scream and Shout.
- On the PlayStation 3 version, if there is a DLC downloaded to the system, the scores won't be seen next to the dancer(s) like in the other consoles. They have to be seen through the leaderboard.
- The effort ratings have been removed from the game, and they have been absent from every game in the main series since.
- Battle Mode was first introduced to the main series in this game.
- This would appear for the last time on Just Dance 2014.
- On the NTSC boxart, Umbrella and Moves Like Jagger have different color schemes but Umbrella's color scheme is from the bridge, when she turns golden.
- No Mashups in this game have gold moves (including console-exclusives). This is currently the only game where this happens.
- There are 33 possible Mashups in the game. However, only the Wii U version holds all of them. The Wii and Xbox 360 versions have only 12 of them each, and the PS3 version has 24 of them.
- A 34th Mashup (Istanbul (Not Constantinople)'s Mashup) was planned to be in the game but got cut, possibly because there were too few dancers.
- This game is the only one in the series which has the most new routines. In fact, there are:
- 50 classic routines.
- 10 alternate routines.
- 16 brand new DLCs.
- A variety of Sweat routines.
- On the Wii U version of the game, there is a notification that will appear at the bottom-right corner of the song list saying that there are 64 Mojo levels. However, there are only 62 gifts on the Wii U version.
- On the rest of the consoles, its maximum level is 33.
- Light painting and karaoke is not available while playing Puppet Master Modes.
- On the Wii U, Want U Back has got Dance Quests, while the DLC version does not have them.
- In the beta version as seen in gameplay footage, the pictogram bar was going to still have the flashing triangle where the pictograms fade, as seen in the previous three games, instead of a rectangle.
- On the PAL boxart, Mr. Saxobeat has different color schemes.
- The On Fire feature, which was used to give you more points if you get multiple "Perfect"s or "Good"s in a row, has been removed from the game. It has been absent from every game in the main series ever since.
For a full list of Just Dance 4’s beta elements, see Just Dance 4/Beta Elements.
For a full list of Just Dance 4’s achievements, see Just Dance 4 Achievements.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|