Appearance of the Dancers
The dancers are two men with black and white outlines. They both wear sneakers, black pants with light blue stripes, "futuristic" vests, and light blue gauntlets on their left arms.
P1’s vest and shoes are pink. He has a black mullet with gold highlights and thin flat sunglasses.
P2’s vest and shoes are yellow. He has wide curly black hair that is green on top. He has a beard and circular sunglasses.
P1 is a man. He wears a yellow fedora with a black stripe over short black hair, a sky blue shirt with a pink bow tie and some pink stripes, an orange vest with golden chains and a black glitter collar, black jeans with a black belt, and yellow and black shoes.
P2 is a woman. She has purple hair in a bob cut with a black glitter stripe decorated with black and fuchsia feathers on the left, a furry scarf with two circular tops that have a yellow dot in the middle, a golden necklace, a pink sleeveless dress with light blue highlights, two golden bracelets on her left forearm, an orange long glove, and light blue heels.
The background is a blue-pointed spaceship control center. Holograms of alien women appear on the sides of the dancers. Planets, stars, and asteroids are seen through the windows in the background, as well as a green "love detector". During the pre-chorus, the background turns to a pinkish shade, and becomes pointed towards a dark blue during the chorus as the ship enters "hyperspace".
The dancers are on a 1920's theme stage, which has a checkered floor divided into circles, three bars on each side, and several figures in the background, such as suns and moons. All of these elements often light up and illuminate in shades of light blue and fuchsia, and the figures turn around in different directions.
During Nicki Minaj's verse, the stage turns darker and each dancer has a spotlight over them, which becomes more luminous when one of them is dancing on his or her own.
There are 2 Gold Moves in the classic routine, both of which are the same:
Both Gold Moves: Jump while pumping your arm above your head.
There are 3 Gold Moves in the Charleston Version routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 2: Cross your left leg behind your right and snap with your right hand by your waist. P1 does this with his left hand on the brim of his hat, and P2 does this with her left arm down by her side.
Gold Move 3: This is the final move of the routine:
- P1: Turn your torso left and grab the brim of your hat with your right hand.
- P2: Grab onto P1’s shoulders and lift your right leg up behind you.
- Kissing Strangers is the second song by DNCE in the series, after Cake By The Ocean.
- Kissing Strangers was hinted on various social networking sites with references to the lyrics.
- "Taste" (from "I wanna taste you"), the whole line, "Hard, got that China white", "Tongue him down", "B**ches", "Drip drip", "Kitty cat", "lap" (in the line "Put it in his lap"), "sip sip", and "tip tip" are censored.
- If repetitions are counted, Kissing Strangers is the most censored song in the main series, with 19 omitted phrases.
- Kissing Strangers is the sixth song that a full line is censored, after American Boy, Party Rock Anthem, The Way, Bang Bang, and Make It Jingle. It is followed by Despacito.
- However, even though "lap" is censored, it can still be heard.
- In the Gamescom version, only "Hard" (From the line "Hard, got that China white".) was censored.
- Some of the aliens in the background resemble Rabbids, which belong to Ubisoft.
- The spaceship also looks similar to the spaceship that the aliens used in Just Dance Machine.
- P2 makes a mistake in the choreography: when he performs this move, he makes a gun with his fingers instead of closing them into a fist.
- In the Classic routine, when the coaches jump, the outlines at their feet shake.
- The Classic dancers use their behind-the-scenes color scheme on their sticker for the gift machine.
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video
Behind the Scenes
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|