Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman who is wearing a polkadot pink and blue dress, a blue and white apron, a pair of pink and blue shoes, and has pink short hair. She looks like a 1950s housewife.
No visible differences are shown, except for the fact that the dancer seems to be more realistic, and that she is in a slightly lighter hue. Also, her outline has changed from violet to magenta.
The routine takes place in front of a ligth blue animated curtain with many dots and cherries on it, and a red line at its bottom. If you look closely, you can notice that the curtain slightly moves a bit.
Just Dance 3
In this version, the curtain is replaced by a dark blue wall with many mirrors. The cherries are hanging on them and they sway at the beat of the song.
The background is the same from the Just Dance 3 version. However, the cherries now glow every beat,and the background is darker.
There are 2 Gold Moves in the routine, both of which are the same; they are not available in Just Dance.
Both Gold Moves: Swing your right hand down, as if to wipe away sweat.
Mashed Potato Time appears in the following Mashup:
Mashed Potato Time appears in Puppet Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to its dance moves:
- Bake A Cake
- Sweep The Floor
- This is one of the slowest routines in Just Dance, this is as it is the only routine in Just Dance where both the difficulty and effort are 1.
- This is the oldest song on Just Dance.
- The song is referenced in Land Of 1000 Dances.
- The original version has 26 pictograms, making it the song with the fewest amount of pictograms in the original Just Dance game. However the Just Dance 3 version only has 20 making it the song with least amount of pictograms on Just Dance 3 and the entire series, thus holding three records.
- The following activities are shown by the pictograms: Vacuuming, holding a baby, cleaning the dishes, cleaning the windows, being tired, cooking, sweating and peeling potatos.
- This song references The Lion Sleeps Tonight.
- The dancer seems to be angry at the end, as she is seen tearing her apron off.
- This seems to be because she is doing all house chores by herself.
- In Just Dance, the apron disappears, while in later games it's still visible.
- In Just Dance Now, the song was mistakenly placed between Party Rock Anthem and Pound The Alarm for a long time; this may be because its code name is Potato.
- Just Dance and Just Dance 3 has a lyric error: a line reads Feel it in your feet now instead of Peel it to me now. This was later fixed in Just Dance Now.
- In Just Dance Now, the first and third time "Hmm" is sung, it's not highlighted.
- Also, when "Peel it to me now" is sung, "now" is not highlighted, despite still being sung.
- From Just Dance 3 onwards, the first time "Potato" is sung, it appears in the lyrics as "Patato".
- On Just Dance, the menu shows the title as Mashed Potato Time. However, the banner that appears before starting the routine says It's Mashed Potato Time.
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|