Appearance of the Dancer
The coach, a teenage girl, is seen wearing a cyan beanie over her long untied black hair, a pink tank top, a dark purple vest, a pair of dark purple tight jeans, and a pair of dark brown shoes. She seems to be a girl who does not fit in with the rest of the city, and could be a street performer.
The routine briefly zooms out, as if a TV had been turned on. The routine takes place on a rainy street in which there are silhouettes of people who are passing by. The city is full of business-people where everyone else dresses a certain way (as seen with the shadows in the background). During the verses, the background is monochrome, and during the choruses, the background is colorful.
There are 4 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1, 2, and 4: Lift your right fist in a semi-circle.
Gold Move 3: Before the fourth gold move, throw your arms out partially.
Roar appears in the following Mashup:
- Roar is the ninth song by Katy Perry in the series.
- Roar is the second song by Katy Perry that was released as a free downloadable track, after Firework.
- In the PAL versions of the routine, for the Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii U, there is an error in the lyrics. One of the lines was written "I got the eye of the tiger the fire"; where "the fire" should be "a fighter". This was fixed in the NTSC download and on the other consoles.
- As shown in the concept, the dancer was going to wear a grey belt or something similar, and her hair was redder and not black.
- The NATO phonetic alphabet translates "KiloPapa" to "KP", the initials of Katy Perry.
- When downloading this track on both Just Dance 2014 and Just Dance 2015, the "B**ch" in Katy Perry’s music publishing company, When I’m Rich, You’ll Be My B**ch, is seen to be censored.
- In Just Dance 2016, one can get the avatar twice; once by unlocking the avatar with Mojo Coins, and by playing the song with Just Dance Unlimited. Buying the avatar gives the Just Dance 2015 avatar and playing the song gives a new one avatar with the monochromatic color scheme from the verses and bridge; the second one also has its beanie and hair tufts mirrored.
- Roar was the only coach for a Katy Perry song that did not appear in Birthday (Mashup). She technically appears in no mashups, since Same Old Love's mashup has been removed.
- Downloading Roar on Just Dance 2014 yields two avatars: the first one represents the coach and the second one represents Barbara from Rayman Legends.
- In the Just Dance Now files, the larger version of the cover in the bundle "KiloPapaDLC_2.zip" does not open, instead reading that the file is empty. This was fixed in the "KiloPapaDLC_3.zip" bundle.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|