Appearance of the Dancer
The coach, a teenage girl, is seen wearing a cyan beanie over her long untied black hair, a pink tank top, a dark purple vest, a pair of dark purple tight jeans, and a pair of dark brown shoes. She seems to be a girl who does not fit in with the rest of the city and could be a street performer.
The routine briefly zooms out, as if a TV had been turned on. The routine takes place on a rainy street in which there are silhouettes of people who are passing by. The city is full of business-people where everyone else dresses a certain way (as seen with the shadows in the background). During the verses, the background is monochrome, and during the choruses, the background is colorful.
There are 4 Gold Moves in this routine:
Gold Moves 1, 2, and 4: Lift your right fist in a semi circle.
Gold Move 3: Before the fourth gold move, throw your arms out partially.
Roar appears in the following Mashup:
- The coach did not appear in the Birthday mashup.
- This is the ninth song by Katy Perry in the series, after Hot N Cold, Firework, California Gurls, Teenage Dream, E.T., Part of Me, I Kissed a Girl and Waking Up in Vegas.
- This is the second time a song by Katy Perry is released as a free DLC, after Firework.
- This is one of the newest songs to be featured on Just Dance 2014, along with Applause and The World is Ours.
- This song is one of the few which has moves corresponding to the lyrics. Such moves include the dancer pointing down when Katy sings You held me down and put her hands on her chest in a protective manner when the next line of the song is sung, and due to the repetitive choreographies she shakes her arms and hands as if she's brushing off the dust. Then she points to the screen when Katy sings you're gonna hear me roar meaning that the girl is pointing to all of the people who put her down. Also, when she sings like thunder gonna shake the ground, she steps on it and makes it look like she's stepping so hard, she causes a tremor.
- In the PAL region with the song, for the Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii U, there is an error in the lyrics. One of the lines was written I got the eye of the tiger the fire; where the fire should be a fighter. This was fixed in the NTSC download and on the other later released consoles.
- As shown in the concept, the dancer was going to wear a grey belt or something similar, and her hair was redder and not black.
- The NATO phonetic alphabet translates KiloPapa to KP, the initials of Katy Perry, the track's performer.
- When downloading this track on both Just Dance 2014 and Just Dance 2015, the B**ch in Katy Perry's music publishing company, When I'm Rich, You'll Be My B**ch, is seen to be censored. This is the same case with other Katy Perry DLC's, such as Part of Me.
- This also happens in the credit scene of every game she is featured in, with the exception of The Smurfs Dance Party.
- In Just Dance 2016, one can get the avatar twice; once by unlocking the avatar with Mojo Coins, and by playing the song with Just Dance Unlimited. Buying the avatar gives you the Just Dance 2015 avatar and playing the song gives you a new one using the monochromatic color scheme from the verses and bridge; the second one also has its beanie and hair tufts mirrored.
- If you download this track in Just Dance 2014, you can unlock two avatars: the first one represents the coach and the second one represents Barbara from Rayman Legends.
- In the Just Dance Now files, if you try to view the larger version of the cover in the bundle "KiloPapaDLC_2.zip", it will fail to open, saying that the file is empty. This was fixed in the "KiloPapaDLC_3.zip" bundle.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|