Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman with long, dreadlocked purple hair in a bun. She wears a pair of orange googles on the top her forehead, a gold visor, a yellow and pink turtleneck bra with a keyhole in the cleavage, a pair of black patent pants, a lavender garter belt, and a pair of lavender high heel boots. The woman's pants flashes a bright lavender several times during the chorus. She resembles Ariana Grande. During Minaj’s part, her skin turns black.
The dance takes place at a large, futuristic metropolitan city with tall screens featuring the dancer and another unknown man. The screens closest to the dancer fly away, revealing most of the city, which flashes different colors. While the city is orange, some circular, flashing disco light drones fly around. The platform that the dancer is on flashes pink. When the city turns blue, lightening strikes and blue shields flash around. After a short, harsh rain storm, the screens fly up again.
During Minaj’s verse, some black walls close against the city, shielding most of everything and only revealing it through a circular window.
There are 3 Gold Moves in the classic routine, all of which are the same:
All Gold Moves: Jump left and push your hands down towards your hips.
There are 2 Gold Moves in the alternate routine, both of which are the same:
Both Gold Moves: Throw your arms out while peddling.
- Side to Side is the second collaboration between Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj in the series, after Bang Bang.
- The official clean version of Side to Side, where "Hoes", "d**k", "b**ches" and "f**ks" are censored, is used in the game. However, b***hes can be briefly heard as "b***h"
- "D**k" is replaced by the three dots in the lyrics, but it is sung as "butt bicycle".
- The man on the TV screen has a jacket that resembles the one from Sorry.
- The song title has the same name as one of Barbra Streisand’s captions in Puppet/Party Master Modes.
- The last time "And boy"/"Got me walkin’ side to side" is sung, it appears as "Boy got me walkin’ side to side".
- In the E3 demo, Side to Side has a capitalization error where the letters "T" in "To" and "S" in the second "Side" were in lower case, thus the song title is read as "Side to side".
- The lyric "If you wanna menage, I got a tricycle" is referenced in the ESRB rating summary for the game.
- The line is changed to "If you want a Minaj" in-game.
- The alternate routine uses moves from the official music video.
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • Türkçe • 中文 • 日本語|