Appearance of the Dancers
The routine is a duet between a city girl and a city boy, who switches place with the Panda in the chorus. The Panda would then switch places with a young Chinese man before Lil Wayne's verse. The young Chinese man then switch places with a cowboy when Lil Wayne's verse ends. Near the end of the song, the cowboy switches places with the city boy.
P1 appears to be a city girl, who has turquoise and blue hair tied up to a bun. She wears a pair of sunglasses, a yellow collar with what appears to be a black bell on it, a gold bracelet on her right forearm, a pink tank top bra with a notch in the center, 2 lengths of orange ropes that serve as her makeshift belt, a pair of jeans with 4 large holes in them, an orange glove on her left hand, a pair of pink socks and yellow high heels with black belts.
P2 starts and ends off as a city boy with black hair. He wears a turquoise beanie, 2 black necklaces, a yellow shirt, a pink bracelet on his right wrist, a lime green glove on his left hand, a pair of skinny jeans and a pair of pink sneakers with black laces.
Whenever the chorus starts, P1 pushes P2 off screen and P2 switches places with the panda. The panda has a mohawk that is dyed pink, yellow and turquoise. He also wears 3 orange necklaces, a pink anklet on his left thigh and a light blue glove on his left hand.
Before the start of Lil' Wayne's verse, P1 pushes the panda away and the panda switches places with a young Chinese man with black braided hair. He wears a yellow bandanna on his head, a purple tangzhuang suit with pink straps and black shoes. He resembles Lil' Wayne
Seemingly after Lil Wayne's verse, P1 pushes P2 away and P2 switches places with a cowboy with black hair. He wears a yellow cowboy hat, a blue denim shirt with turquoise pockets and shoulders, a pink watch on his right wrist, a turquoise glove on his left hand, a pair of black pants and a pair of pink sneakers with black laces.
The background is a scrolling background which starts with Las Vegas and alternates with it, China, a Wild West town and a city in order, ending with the city. During most of the routine, the music video for the song can be seen in the background. When the first chorus starts, Las Vegas turns dark and starts flashing neon lights to beat of the song. A convertible car with hydraulic suspension can be seen rearing up and down to the beat of the song during the first chorus and the final part of the song in the background. During Lil Wayne's verse, the background scrolls to China as sakura flowers fall from the sky and lanterns float into the sky. After the verse, the background scrolls to a Wild West town and cowboy hats can be seen being blown away in the background. When the second chorus starts, the Wild West town turns dark and the background starts flashing neon lights to the beat of the song. Near the end of the song, the Wild West town changes to a city with elements of Chinatown in it as stars, sakura flowers and cowboy hats are seen being blown away in the background.
There are 2 Gold Moves in this routine.
Both Gold Moves:
- P1: Stretch your arms out and slide to the right.
- P2: Do the same as P1, but to the left.
- Bebe Rexha confirmed by Twitter that the song would be featured on the game a few minutes before the start of the Ubisoft E3 2017 conference.
- The song was performed by Bebe Rexha during the presentation of Just Dance 2018 at Ubisoft's E3 2017 conference.
- This is the second song by Bebe Rexha in the series, after Hey Mama (as a featured artist).
- It is also her first song in the series as a main artist.
- This is the first song by Lil Wayne in the main series.
- This is the second song to feature a music video in the background of the routine the first being Make The Party (Don’t Stop).
- The game uses the radio edit, where "xans" and "both boobs" (In the line "Kiss both boobs right before I sign them", which is replaced with "Kiss kiss ... right before I sign them") are censored. "Bloody noses" and "doses" are censored separately.
- P1 resembles Bebe Rexha.
- This is the Panda's fifth appearance in the series.
- The Panda's appearance in the Just Dance UK thumbnail of the song preview is actually a recolor of the one present in the square and in the Just Dance Now cover for I Gotta Feeling.
- The entire western themed portion of the background is eerily similar to Timber's background. The multi-colored flashing silo is even seen.
- The preview gameplay for The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody) is the third to feature the end of the song.
- This song samples I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me).
- This is the fifth song to feature interchanging playable coaches, after Song 2, Uptown Funk, Safe And Sound and Gangnam Style.
- However, this is the first song where the coaches switch places and not transform during the routine.
- This is also the first routine where the coaches switch places off screen.
- This is the sixth song where a coach moves out of the screen, after Night Boat To Cairo, YMCA, 4x4, Mahna Mahna, and Don't Stop Me Now (Panda Version).
- But this is the first time where the coach came back of the screen with an another coach.
- However, this is the third song where the coach moves off screen during a routine, after Mahna Mahna, and Don’t Stop Me Now (Panda Version).
- The cover seen in Ubisoft’s website shows a dancer different to the one seen in the dance.
- The dancer shown can be seen in another unknown routine.
- In the E3 menu, the song is simply credited as "The Way I Are".
- In some chorus, the line "I just wanna dance with somebody" appears "I just want to dance with somebody".
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|