Appearance Of The Dancers
The dancers are all animals, each from a previous track in the Just Dance series.
P1 is the lion from Copacabana. He wears blue overalls, red sneakers, and has a yellow shirt with black spots on it.
P2 is the zebra from Istanbul (Not Constantinople). He wears a black jacket with red sleeves with a yellow shirt under it, blue sneakers, and black jeans.
P3 is the fox from The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?). He wears a gold necklace, a plaid jacket wrapped around his hips, and a blue bandana on one leg.
P4 is the frog from Love Is All, but this time, female. She wears black shorts, a red jacket, a gold necklace, white sneakers, and yellow knee pads.
Family Battle Version
P1 is the mother. At the beginning of the song, she is pink. She wears a pink polo with a golden necklace. She wears skinny jeans and a brown belt, she has red shoes and a red hat. She has a brown ponytail.
P2 is the sister. She is also pink at the beginning of the song. She wears a green dress and blue jacket. She has a green turband with a green bow. She also wears a golden necklace. Yellow shoes and she has brown pigtails.
P3 is the brother. At the beginning of the song, he is blue. He wears a red t-shirt and he also wears a golden necklace. He has an orange cap and a purple bracelet. He wears yellow shorts and purple shoes with orange laces.
P4 is the father. He is also blue at the beginning of the song. He has a purple shirt and an orange jacket. He also wears a golden necklace. He wears black pants and a black belt. He has black shoes and has black, messy hair.
Family Battle Version
The background is a house, containing a couch, an ottoman, a lamp, a table, and a plant on a drawer. They immediately change colors during the song.
There are 3 Gold Moves in this routine:
All Gold Moves: All players tap their head four times; P1 does this while running forward.
Family Battle Version
There are 3 Gold Moves in the Alternate routine:
Gold Moves 1 and 2: Raise your arms in front of you slowly.
Gold Move 3: P1: Kneel, put your left hand on your hip and your right hand on your head. P2: Make a peace sign with your right hand and put your left hand on your right elbow. P3: Do the same thing as P2 in a slightly different angle. P4: Kneel and cross your arms.This is the final move of the routine.
- Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) is the third all-animal Dance Crew in the series, after Istanbul (Not Constantinople) and Copacabana.
- The zebra from Istanbul (Not Constantinople), the lion from Copacabana, the fox from The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?), and the frog from Love Is All also make an appearance in this track.
- The zebra is from Just Dance 4, the fox and the frog are from Just Dance 2015 and the lion is from Just Dance 2016.
- This makes Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) the seventh track in the series with returning dancers.
- P4’s actual costume is in a dark shade of blue so the costume does not blend in with the green screen.
- P2’s jacket was first seen in Turn Up The Love (Fanmade); P3’s shirt was first seen in Rock N Roll; and P4’s knee pads and shirt were first seen on P1 and P3 of Daddy.
- The preview gameplay for the Classic routine lacks the Gold Move pictogram.
- Before this song was confirmed, there was a beta element: P3’s outfit was darker.
- Every dancer in the routine is P2 of their original routine except for the zebra, who is coincidentally P2 of this routine.
- Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) was planned to be officially revealed at Gamescom, but it was prematurely revealed 2 weeks earlier.
- "Now watch me yule" is misinterpreted as "Now watch me you", and appears as "you" in the background.
- P4 is the only coach in the Classic routine to be female. However, in Love is All the frog coach is a male.
- Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) is the first song in the series in which both its Classic and alternate routines are Dance Crews.
- The Family Battle Version appears to feature the two child coaches from I Gotta Feeling (Classroom Version) but this time, the girl is taller. P2 of El Tiki (Trio Version), appears, along with a fourth, previously unseen coach.
- In Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) (Family Battle Version), whenever P3’s glove is near P4’s cap, the cap becomes purple.
- This song appeared in the demo version for Just Dance 2017, replacing Sorry on the Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
- When Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) was first released on Just Dance Now along with Run the Night and September, and the re-addition of Don’t Stop Me Now, the song didn't appear in the "Songs S-Z" section, nor in the "Recently added" section and in the "Quartets" playlist.
- This was later fixed when the song was re-added again for the Carnival season.
- The Family Battle version originally had a slightly different menu icon, where the armchair and the white rectangle were placed more rightwards, and P2 and P3s' knees were visible.
- P3 of the Classic routine is featured in Uno - Just Dance Theme Cards as an AI player, under the name "Swaggy".
- P2 of Circus has a similar album coach.
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|