Appearance of the Dancer
The dancer is a woman with the hot pink poofy hair with yellow highlights. She wears a yellow dress with streaks of purple, some shaped liked arrows and some wavy lines coming out from the center of the skirt reaching out until the end. The center of the skirt itself has a purple triangle where the wavy lines come from. She also wears yellow boots with a purple rim and a pink bracelet on her left hand. During the chorus, her dress turns light blue and the streaks turn dark red. Her boots also turn blue with a red rim, and the highlights on her hair also turn light blue. She has a pink outline.
Just Dance 2015
In the coach selection image for the Mashup of Maps, she looks more realistic. Her face is now clearly visible, and the streaks on her dress during the verses and bridge are slightly more reddish. She now has a blue outline.
In the remake, she is in a darker hue and her face is no longer visible. The rim of her boots during the verses and bridge are now dark blue. She has a blue outline like in the Just Dance 2015 coach selection image.
The background seems to be a clock. In the first verse, the clock's color is pink and when the chorus begins, the color scheme changes to blue. There are clouds which change from pink to stormy blue and clockwork and gears in the far background. The dancer is standing on a platform which seems to be a clock. There is more animation in the Xbox 360 background.
What You Waiting For? has an unlockable Sweat Mashup.
- Pump It
- I Was Made For Lovin' You (Sweat)
- Party Rock Anthem
- I Was Made For Lovin' You (Sweat)
- Maniac [GM]
- Pump It
- I Was Made For Loving' You (Sweat)
There are 2 Gold Moves in the Classic routine:
Gold Move 1: Jerk your right shoulder such that it goes up and down once with your left arm down.
Gold Move 2: Straighten your body and slam your arms down whilst standing still.
There is 1 Gold Move in the Sweat Mashup:
Gold Move: Raise your hands in a circular motion (Maniac).
What You Waiting For? appears in the following Mashups:
- Beauty And A Beat
- Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- I Kissed a Girl
- Maps (Best of JD 3)
- Papaoutai (Ultra Violet)
- Super Bass
What You Waiting For? appears in Puppet/Party Master Modes. Here are the captions attributed to her dance moves:
- Be Free
- Dream Doll
- No No No!
- Pull Me
- Punch 'N' Stomp
- Temper Tantrum
- Victory Step
- What You Waiting For? is the first song by Gwen Stefani in the Just Dance series.
- "Hoe" and "damn" are censored.
- On Xbox 360, the coach’s hair occasionally glitches as it turns purple when she bends.
- The beta routine had a different choreography, which was removed for unknown reasons. Part of it can be viewed in the preview here.
- The pictograms in the beta routine from the preview were also not in sync.
- The top two arrow-stripes on the dancer’s dress were green but, in the final release they were purple like the others.
- The second Gold Move sometimes appears to have a shorter delay between the in-shine and the aftershine on Xbox 360: if the move is performed correctly, then the aftershine will appear immediately after the pictogram fades and after the in-shine finishes, but not as fast as the Wii and PS3.
- The coach makes a cameo in the background for the Classic routine of Just Dance.
- There is a glitch where the coach’s legs turn purple when she does a certain move.
- In the Mashup, the Party Rock Anthem pictogram color is changed to orange, Maniac pictogram color was changed to a reddish color and Skin-To-Skin pictogram color is in a different shade of green.
- This coach was featured in the "Guinness World Records: Gamer's Edition 2014" along with a scene from Kiss You under Dance.
- To get the avatar for this in Just Dance 2014, save data from at least one of the first four games must be present. Because of this, the avatar is not obtainable on the Xbox One or PlayStation 4.
- There are four versions of the song: the explicit version, the clean version, the extended explicit version and the extended clean version. The game uses the second which removes the "hoe" such that "Take a chance you stupid hoe" becomes "Take a chance you stupid".
- If one looks closely in the chorus, the details on the screen shake a little.
- This dancer is featured on the PAL boxart.
- The Mashup for What You Waiting For? is the first unlockable Sweat Mashup in game.
- If What You Waiting For? is second, third or fourth in any given Solo Medley, the Gold Move sound effect will not play.
- The clock where the coach dances on is different between Wii and PS3: on Wii, it is dark red in the verses and dark blue in the chorus, and it reflects the sky; on PS3, it is reddish-brown in the verses and aqua in the chorus, and it does not reflect anything.
- On Xbox 360, the first pictograms of the routine slide much slower than the others.
- Despite the fact that the song appears in the teaser for Just Dance Unlimited, the song is currently not available for the service.
- Additionally, the square in the teaser is actually the square found in the Just Dance Now files.
- There is a mistake in the square; both the dancer’s bracelet and glove are shown on the right hand when the bracelet is actually on the left.
- Additionally, the dancer has a blue outline in the Just Dance 2015 half-coach and in the remade version, but in the remade square, the outline is still pink.
- There is a pictogram on the Xbox 360 version of Just Dance 3 that does not appear on other consoles, nor in the remake.
- The line "Back into Japan" is misinterpreted as "Back and do Japan".
Behind the Scenes
Official Music Video
|Read in Other Languages|
|Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Português • Português do Brasil • Polski • Pусский • Română • Tagalog • 中文 • 日本語|